Working out 2 times a day safe?

Options
Is working out 2 times a day safe or harmful for the body? And if its safe should cardio be the first workout?

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some underlying medical issue, should be no problem. Just like any exercise program build up your time/intensity gradually.

I prefer resistance work first, but if you have several hours before workouts should not be an issue.
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What does your trainer recommend?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are doing, what intensity and for how long. You should have at least 1 rest day a week and also listen to your body.
  • jamiep926
    jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I read an article somewhere about studies done at Harvard University. You are to do cardio for 30 min a day to maintain weight. To lose weight 60 min cardio. You can stretch to 2 hours and won't be a problem. It is recommended that you do 60 cardio and some strength training. I work out twice a day. Crossfit in the morning and cardio such as power yoga, swim, or running at night. Good luck!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    On Wednesdays I usually work out twice a day. I have a group of friends that like to workout that morning and a different group of friends that like to workout that evening. I haven't had an issues....

... and those days I LOVE how much I get to eat.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Too vague to answer accurately. Is it safe to do 30 mins of cardio in the morning and 30 mins of resistance training in the evening? Yes, for 99% of the population that's more than safe.

Now, is it safe to do 4 hours of max-effort squat training in the morning and then 6 more hours of max-effort deadlift training in the evening? Probably not a good idea.

Everything in between depends on the person, age, intake, intensity, frequency, rest/recovery, drugs, etc.. Given that you appear to be a healthy 19 year old male, you can probably get away with just about anything.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    You're 19. Your t levels are through the roof. Go ahead and exercise as much as you feel the need to.