Facebook and MyFitnessPal

Options
Hey, I logged in to MFP via FB. I'm contemplating deactivating my FB. Does that mean I'm going to lose everything on MFP? I don't want to lose all my progress.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I believe you deactivate your Facebook , and then you have 1 week in which you can't log in otherwise it won't be properly deactivated.

You could always try deactivate it, and then log into MFP. I would've thought that the MFP would of had it's own password and login details for itself - unless it uses the same as the Facebook accounts?

:/
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'd pose the question to MFP. I'm sure there must be a way to keep your data.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you have an MFP account, you have the a:ount, it doesn't matter how you log in. Just make sure you use the right password or reset with a new one.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure with MyFitnessPal, but I know with MapMyRide, I had two accounts for a while, one that was connected to Facebook and one that wasn't. It took me a while to figure out how to get the one that wasn't connected to Facebook connected because the other account kept logging me in through Facebook and it wouldn't let me delete it. I think I would want to make sure I had a login and password that would get me into the account before I tried deactivating the Facebook account.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Try down loading the app and signing in with your user name i have the app on my phone
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hey, I logged in to MFP via FB. I'm contemplating deactivating my FB. Does that mean I'm going to lose everything on MFP? I don't want to lose all my progress.

Myspace is much better imo