memorial day weekend

Options
HELP! i cheated so so badly this weekend... i am afraid of how much weight I gained. I've been eating so healthy but this weekend it was like I couldn't stop eating junk. I was just shoveling it in. any suggestions?

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and keep on trucking. I'm not a fan of subtracting calories to compensate for overconsumption, but I would try to exercise/move more than usual this week.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Log it, own it. Maybe stay off the scale for a few days while you start back on track tomorrow if you think the results would discourage you. You'll probably see a bump for a few days thanks to salt and water retention. After that, you'll probably see just a slight gain since it's unlikely you ate 2-3x your maintenance level.
  • yondermountain
    yondermountain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dust yourself off and get back on the horse.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling bad, take a look at my diary ;)

I've had weekend where it was 2000 over budget for 3 days in a row. Log it and move on.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above. Log it and be accountable that it happened, then start with a whole new day tomorrow. I had a bad day today too. Indulgence is a part of life and learning how to bounce back from it is a big part of being successful at weight loss. Fit in an extra workout or 2 if you are feeling guilty but you will be OK!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Figure out what went wrong so you don't do it again. The next holiday weekend is less than six weeks away.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Plan ahead for next time.
  • FullofTrixie
    FullofTrixie Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I did the same and the thought of food is making me sick. Just going to start over tomorrow and try to put it behind me. Can't change what is already done move on, the journey has not come to an end just a bump in the road
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I follow a low carb diet where I consume less than 20g of carbs a day. I had some banana pudding my sister made. I don't even want to know how many carbs were in it lol. But that was the first time in almost two months I've had anything that wasn't low carb.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    HELP! i cheated so so badly this weekend... i am afraid of how much weight I gained. I've been eating so healthy but this weekend it was like I couldn't stop eating junk. I was just shoveling it in. any suggestions?

You don't gain weight overnight. Just log it (or don't) and move on. This moment is a new moment, tomorrow is a new day.