Going shopping for work pantry. Help me stock up!

Options
I am going to Whole Foods on my lunch break to stock up on my office food supplies. What healthful foods should I purchase? I work in an office, and I have lots of storage space, which I used to store crackers and other processed food in. Our kitchen has a huge fridge, so I can keep stuff in there, too. I'm mainly wondering what I should keep in my office at arm's length in case I have a snack attack ...

Replies

• Mandie1117
    Mandie1117 Posts: 15
    Options
    I would think things like roasted peanuts, maybe the 100 calorie snacks. To keep in the fridge, I always like to keep carrots and cauliflower (my two fav raw veggies), yogurt, fruit. Also, I have learned from the trainers at my gym, they eats lots of plain tuna, or you can dress it with lemon juice or hot sauce, and they eat it with wheat crackers. Ritz makes them, and they arent bad at all. Good protein to keep you full.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I would suggest raw or natural almonds, fruit leathers, cheese sticks, peanut butter, rice cakes, and of course fresh fruit and veggies (some of my usual snacks are carrots and apples). Also, you could get some fruit cups in light syrup or natural juices and get some fat free cottage cheese. There are some ideas. Whenever I eat fruit I try to have some protein with it. Hope that helps. Good luck! :happy:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    instead of the carby crackers and processed stuff you used to buy... how about baby carrots & almonds (raw- not salted or sweetened- just plain whole almonds).

I'm trying to think of things that are perishable but not "that" perishable since you probably won't be there on the weekend and I doubt you want to take things home at the end of the week... lol
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi there! I'm pretty new to this "lifestyle change" and am taking things one day at a time. I am self-proclaimed "snacker" and I know that if I"m going to be successful, I had to find some snacks I could be happy with and still feel healthy. (I also LOVE cheese!)

Some snacks i've been eating so far have been:
    Laughing cow cheese - light creamy swiss and mozzarella/tomato basil
    Light string cheese
    Mini-Baybel light
    Special K - Multi-Grain crackers
    Special K - Cracker Chips - Sea Salt
    Arnold Sandwich thins
    Crystal Light - On the Go Packets
    Kashi granola bars
    Fiber One Bars
    Cucumbers
    Kiwi
    Snap Pea Pods
    Kashi crackers
    Spinach
    Egg beaters - a MUST!!!
    sugar-free oatmeal

Just a few for starters :) Hope that helps!
  • passut
    passut Posts: 3
    Options
    WOW! Thanks so much for all of the tips. I'm also thinking about trying greek yogurt. I love cheese, too, but I was told to stay away from anything white. I've been Googling work snack lists for dieting and light string cheese is on a lot of them!