Help, following strictly with no loss :(

Options
I did my weekly weigh in today and was exactly the same weight as last week! Myfitnesspal says I should have 1200 calories a day to reach my goal and I always have over a 1000 calories a day. Don't understand why I haven't lost any this week. Any ideas?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    How long have you been using MFP?

Is it close to your time of the month? (Water weight.)

Are you weighing your food accurately?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

How tall are you? 1200 calories per day is very low for anyone. Under-eating can make you go a bit loopy and underestimate your portions.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why are you aiming for such low calories? Are you weighing your food to know you're eating what you think you are?
  • RachelGalashan
    RachelGalashan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my third week and I did loose weight the other two weeks, yes I'm weighing and recording food accurately. Not sure on time of month as I had a baby 8 weeks ago. I'm 5,7 and 1200 hasn't been too bad for me, I have 2 stone to loose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight so I put on all the info to the app and 1200 calories is what it said I needed to reach my goal. Thanks for your replies.
  • singhv08
    singhv08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you mind sharing how much you lost in the first 2 weeks and are you doing any exercises or just reducing your calorie in take ?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This is my third week and I did loose weight the other two weeks, yes I'm weighing and recording food accurately. Not sure on time of month as I had a baby 8 weeks ago. I'm 5,7 and 1200 hasn't been too bad for me, I have 2 stone to loose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight so I put on all the info to the app and 1200 calories is what it said I needed to reach my goal. Thanks for your replies.

what is your weekly weight loss goal? 2lbs a week?

are you breast feeding?

Are you weighing solids? measuring liquids? choosing correct entries? logging consistently?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It could have just been covered by fluctuations if you're weighing weekly. It's not uncommon to be up a few pounds one day, then down again the next.

Plus, weight loss isn't linear. You won't lose weight every week - some you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. No need to worry until it's been 5 or 6 weeks with no loss.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Rachel - you had a baby 8 weeks ago! Please give your poor old body time to recover from that before dieting to lose weight. It WILL come off of its own accord but you need to be patient. Plus, if you are breastfeeding you will have to eat to make milk - all 3 of my babies suffered from a drop in the old milk supply when I tried to lose weight too soon!

I found that just walking the baby around our mini town in his pram was enough to start those calories shifting and was back to my pre pregnancy weight within 9 months,.

• RachelGalashan
    Options
    I lost 9 pound in first two weeks, yes my goal is 2 pound a week - when I write that I guess I have met my goal previously just not this week! No not breastfeeding and not getting chance to exercise due to the baby. Thanks all, makes sense it may just be a fluctuation!
  • RachelGalashan
    Options
    Ha your probably right blobby10, guess I'm just impatient :)