Problem With Recipe Function

Options
hanne22283
hanne22283 Posts: 2 Member
I have used the recipe function many times without a problem. But tonight a recipe that I created failed to transfer correctly to my food diary. The calories were cut almost in half--but not exactly. And it kept some other nutrients the same, changed some slightly, and changed some drastically. Has anyone ever experienced this? Should I delete the recipe and start over?

Replies

• DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem (all drastic changes) when I tried to use the mobile app for entering recipes. The regular version on my desktop seems to work fine. I had to delete the recipes and start over. Pretty annoying considering how much time it takes to get it done, but I guess practice makes perfect... ;)
  • katesilberling
    katesilberling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! Also, its a bummer that you can't see the recipe after you have saved it... It would be nice to be able to view the ingredients or change the recipe. Or maybe I'm using it wrong? I usually use the phone app...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Me too! Also, its a bummer that you can't see the recipe after you have saved it... It would be nice to be able to view the ingredients or change the recipe. Or maybe I'm using it wrong? I usually use the phone app...

You can edit recipes in both the app and web version. Once you click the edit button (which looks like a pencil in the app) you'll be able to see all your ingredients and change them.
  • cilleriania
    cilleriania Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find the recipes don't update on my phone or iPad app versions, if I make any changes to the recipes. Its a bit annoying since I'd prefer to be cooking from those.

And I agree with

I'd like to be able to see the ingredients without going in to edit too.

First world problems I guess, but .....
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You can edit individual ingredients after they are matched.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I can only use MFP on my Android now (dead computer) and what other posters are saying is valid. There are many glitches with the recipe builder, and for heaven's sake, can we please have a real option to delete a recipe or delete an ingredient from a recipe? The whole feature is clunky and awkward.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There are some major glitches with it unfortunately. If you go under the "My recipes and foods" tab you can edit the recipe there and resave it. It should save correctly. To delete a recipe, just swipe to the left and the red delete box should appear on the right hand side. Hope this helps!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to get the edit function to work!
  • hanne22283
    hanne22283 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I went into check the recipe, it was entered and saved correctly. It just didn't transfer to my food diary correctly. The nutrients and calories were mostly totally off.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    There are some major glitches with it unfortunately. If you go under the "My recipes and foods" tab you can edit the recipe there and resave it. It should save correctly. To delete a recipe, just swipe to the left and the red delete box should appear on the right hand side. Hope this helps!

It doesn't let you delete an ingredient, and swiping on an Android never does much. I miss my iPhone...