Can I change MFP to 'lose 2lbs' one week then 'lose 1lbs' th

Options
This relates to a post I put on here earlier.

MFP doesn't like me eating 1187 when it suggests a goal of 1200 calories for me (only 13 short) as it says I will enter starvation mode. This is when I set MFP for a loss of 2lbs a week.

I've have played around with the settings and when I set MFP to lose 1lb a week it allows me a little more generous 1440 cals a day.

Could I perhaps alternate each week by changing the settings (1lb loss one week, 2lb loss the next). Anyone had any experience? Know of technical implications? Offer advice of any sort?

Thanks

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You can overwrite your calorie goal regardless of how many lbs you choose. if you are only 13 calories under when it automatically calculates, I would suggest just overriding it.
  • robbm2k
    robbm2k Posts: 4
    Options
    I believe each time you update it, it should update your daily calorie goal, so i'd just check that your calorie limit updates after you change that. I know I updated my goal awhile back along with my weight and it gave me a new calorie limit, so your plan should work fine.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This shouldn't be an issue ... I change my goals periodically (almost like zig-zagging) to keep my system guessing a little.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I changed my goals around often without any problems. The only issue I noticed is that your nutritional history changes to reflect your current goal setting.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    You can do that.

The only "technical" issue that I have found when I change my goals is that it changes them backwards as well. So, if it's set for 1200 this week and 1440 next, when you are in next week, and you look back, this week will look like you were under every day. The week after, when you are at 1200 again, the 1440 week will look like you were over every day.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can do that.

The only "technical" issue that I have found when I change my goals is that it changes them backwards as well. So, if it's set for 1200 this week and 1440 next, when you are in next week, and you look back, this week will look like you were under every day. The week after, when you are at 1200 again, the 1440 week will look like you were over every day.

Thanks Everyone!
    Thanks for letting me know about this - think I can handle that small issue.
    Heard about zigzagging before too - meant to be a good strategy??