P90x

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has struggled with yoga as much as i have.

I just did my first workout to it but i did cardio thing heck it will be ok lol. But yoga for about 15 mins at the start wtf lol. I did some but i struggled and skipped ahead to the actually workout. Just curious to know that i'm not the only one lol

Replies

• 21deadmonkeys
    21deadmonkeys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think just about everybody struggles with yoga at first. My one friend hated it but it ended up becoming his favorite workout.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Lol i always lose my balance. Will see how i get on and if i start to love it
  • amietg
    amietg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use to always switch it for cardio x but now I find I don't mind the yoga
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'll go as far as to say I hated it! Perhaps that's too strong *hmm ponders* nope, definitely hate!! I think for a beginner the actual workout is to advanced and way way way too long. In the end on my yoga days I just went to the gym instead.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The only way to get better at yoga is to keep trying. Everyone hates it at first because they suck at it...which lets you know how much you really need it. I will say that the original yoga from P90X was entirely too long so I swap it out for Fountain of Youth Yoga or P90X3 yoga.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yeah is far to long think thats why i skipped ahead. Lucky day 2 didnt have so much. But there was a ton of jumping
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The only way to get better at yoga is to keep trying. Everyone hates it at first because they suck at it...which lets you know how much you really need it. I will say that the original yoga from P90X was entirely too long so I swap it out for Fountain of Youth Yoga or P90X3 yoga.

Exactly what I do too. Swap it out for P90X3 yoga or fountain of youth. Much shorter and I feel great afterwards.

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Its hard at first. I really struggled but don't skip ahead bc you really are cheating yourself. Your endurance gets much better and it gets easier! Then the time flies and you realize holy cow I can do a headstand! Keep trying it will get better <3
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The yoga is very difficult.

In fact, as others have stated it's actually considered (by many Yoga instructors) waaaay too difficult for first-timers, whose form is unmanaged and muscles and flexibility just isn't there.

Personally, I hacked it out my first time doing p90x (and I started p90x cold off the couch). About halfway through the program, my flexibility had improved dramatically -- and I had a friend who does yoga correct some big mistakes I was making on form with simple things (positioning / weight of hands for downward dog, basic errors etc).

Yoga block will help a lot. It wasn't until my 3rd month that I could do crane -- and I found out my form there wasn't perfect, either -- needed tweaks from an instructor.

Keep it up. Even with those critiques, yoga is a valuable part of the program and when you can't do something -- modify and stretch.

-- Danny