new here and would love some diet buddies!

Options
Hiya,
Im looking for people who have alot of weight to shift that would like a friend that is good at giving kicks up the *kitten*! lol
I have pcos and hypothyroidism which has resulted on me putting on alot of weight and now Im struggling to lose it!

xxxxx

iona

Replies

• PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    I've only been on here since April, but have made a lifestyle since October. So far I'm down 74 lbs, but still have another 60 to go. Feel free to add me. I am a bit OCD with my new lifestyle, so i hold myself accountable everyday. Good luck-I know you can do it.
  • nezeray
    nezeray Posts: 34
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)

I have an underactive thyroid (now medicated),am a picky eater and a wife who LOVES to cook and is great at it. A bad combo for someone trying to lose weight. :)

James / Nezeray
  • m12brown
    m12brown Posts: 51
    Options
    Add me! I have PCOS as well and have struggled with my weight throughout adulthood. I am tired of the yo-yo with my weight being up and down. I want it to go down and STAY DOWN!
  • theresa122
    theresa122 Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me, you can never have to much support!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in the states but I would love a friend from Scotland! That's my dream vacation destination! My in-laws live in Surrey, Red Hill! I have been with MFP since November and have lost 50 pounds! I still have 74 pounds to go but it's coming off, slowly but it's coming off. I have a 6 yr old daughter and a 8 month old son. I'm originally from New Jersy but I currently live in Florida. My husband is british and sometimes the culture clash can be a little funny!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :)
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome, Iona.

I like your concept of "shifting" weight! :) I also have hypothyroidism, along with sleep apea. Both have contributed to weight gain for me as well. Feel free to add me for moral support and I wish you the best of luck on your MFP journey. It's a great site and a very supportive community!
  • Andie122
    Andie122 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Feel free to add me! I've got hypothyroidism, but I'm feeling like my weight is due to our new baby. And cupcakes. Mostly cupcakes.

I can use a good kick in the *kitten* on a regular basis, but I can also give one out if required!

Andrea
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Iona!! I have struggled with my weight what seems to be my whole life. But I am definitely ready to change that and this site is helping so much! Feel free to add me, we can never have too many friends to keep us on track!
  • booberj
    booberj Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome.. add me... I'm trying to lose over 100lbs so I'll be here for awhile
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! I've got 60+ pounds to lose and also suffer from thyroid disease. We're definitely fighting and uphill battle, but I am 100% positive that it can be done! There are definitely some days I need friends around to give me a kick in the *kitten*, and I am always happy to return the favor! ;-)
  • ionaxxx
    ionaxxx Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow!!!! I didnt expect such huge and friendly replies so fast!

This really seems the place to be for support....Im really pleased to meet you all. There's nothing we cant do with each others help.

xxx
  • ionaxxx
    Options
    Wow!!!! I didnt expect such huge and friendly replies so fast!

This really seems the place to be for support....Im really pleased to meet you all. There's nothing we cant do with each others help.

xxx
  • ionaxxx
    Options
    Hey you, gonna add you so we can help each other out.

xxxxx
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    you or anyone can add me!

you'll love it here, mfp is about food and friends! chosing better food choices and counting calories, and if you make a bad choice put it down, be honest with your diary, none of us have gavels and we don't judge, tomorrow after all is a new day! and add lots of friends because they help inspire, motivate, and support you! you or anyone can add me! I have lost 36 so far and still have about 40 to go!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I know they tell you with PCOS it is much harder to lose weight but it can be done. I started out at 260 and I'm down to 190! Feel free to add me and I wish you the best of luck :)