5kg in 4weeks?

Options
I ant to lose 5kg in 4weeks? Is this healthy and possible? If so... Any advice tips??? Friends welcome!! Need motivational buddies!!!!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is suggested to be 1-2lbs a week. the 2lbs a week tends to be possible for those with quite a lot to lose as it becomes harder the less you have to lose.

11 in 4 weeks is 2.75 a week. You may get a water weight loss boost in the beginning. Imo too aggressive and unlikely to happen. Its not impossible, but you are looking at creating an accurate deficit of 1375 calories per day. More realistic imo would be c 1lb a week.
  • YogiPartridgeBear
    YogiPartridgeBear Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I am trying to be good with my food, and will try reach 2lbs a week! So head for 8lbs in the 4 weeks! Thank you for the advice!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I am trying to be good with my food, and will try reach 2lbs a week! So head for 8lbs in the 4 weeks! Thank you for the advice!

with only a total of 31lbs to lose you should be aiming for about 1lb/week weight loss. losing too fast when you don't have a lot to lose will lead to a larger % of your weight loss coming from lean muscle, not just the fat you want to lose.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Im its unlikely to happen, try by all means, but dont get disappointed if it doesnt. Its about the deficit so you are going to have to figure out where your 1000 calorie a day deficit is going to come from. Feel your way into it and then adjust as you go along. It needs to be realistic and sustainable. Good luck.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Clearly the OP missed some important information.

2 lbs per week is "possible for those with quite a lot to lose as it becomes harder the less you have to lose."

31 lbs is NOT a lot to lose.

The best idea is to aim for 0.5% of your current body weight each week. If you're 200 lbs, that's 1 lb/week. If you're 150, that's 0.75 lbs/week.

You may achieve more than this when your first start, but it will be entirely water weight and really has no effect on your overall health and is very easy to gain back. If you lose faster than this for a prolonged period, it is guaranteed that you are losing lean mass (muscle tissue, including your heart, bone density, etc.) more than you are losing fat. This would result in you not looking any better (worse, probably) and will degrade your health and make it easier for you to put the weight back on in the form of more fat.

Not to mention other bad side effects of losing weight too quickly: Hair loss, brittle nails, dry, pasty skin. Lots of nasty stuff can happen if you lose weight too quickly.

You didn't put on the weight in 4 weeks, so you cannot expect to lose it in 4 weeks. This is a life-long challenge you're putting yourself into. Act like you're going to do it forever, not in the next month.
  • YogiPartridgeBear
    YogiPartridgeBear Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!! I'm going to give it a go and if I need to adjust it then I can! I think that 1lb a week is more realistic and healthy like you both suggest!!! Wish me luck!!!
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think 5kg a in 4 weeks is possible but not advisable..