New and would definitely like support and suggestions!

Options
kmcgrath1
kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
I'm so glad to have found myfitnesspal! I am hoping that this will be the answer I have been looking for. I've tried everything and out there and was actually only a few pounds from my goal until I had surgery.

Then...the weight crept back on. I was on WWs for many years but the new program is not working for me. I've actually gained more weight on Weight watchers! I'm hoping that going back to good old counting calories and exercise will be the key for me! I can always use support, motivation and suggestions. I am looking forward to a great week!

Replies

• hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    you or anyone can add me!

you'll love it here, mfp is about food and friends! chosing better food choices and counting calories, and if you make a bad choice put it down, be honest with your diary, none of us have gavels and we don't judge, tomorrow after all is a new day! and add lots of friends because they help inspire, motivate, and support you! you or anyone can add me! I have lost 36 so far and still have about 40 to go!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    You can add me! This is a great sight! Lots of support!!! Best of luck to you!
  • george1957
    george1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there, this is a great site. Welcome aboard and good luck. Feel free to ad me to your friends list.:smile:
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm really excited...this is the change I need!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I, too, have done Weight Watchers (and probably every other diet on the planet). I am find that this works marvelously--as long as you "work the program." The calorie guidelines and exercise tracking are really helpful, as is the social networking support. As you can see, I've lost a lot, so I guess it really does work.
  • pelone5k
    pelone5k Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site also. My wife suggested we try and we are totally addicted to tracking everything we put into our bodies. I think you will be amazed when you realized just what you take in every day. It is kind of tedious to track every single thing, but worth it.

Tracking everything will make you think twice about that bowl of ice cream, or the second helping of pasta.

Just remember the first step is the hardest. Results will make you become addicted.

Stick with it and hang in there. If a good, healthy body were easy, everyone would have one.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you like... There have been lots of good hints and suggestions and just motivational posts on here that keep me coming back for more!
  • Carflea
    Carflea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also did WW and I'm not digging the plan. I hope this will work for me but I'm so frustrated and disgusted with myself :(