Zombies and Cupcakes - Why I Workout

Options
I've been a member for a while, but things… they happened. For example, "I'm in shape! I've trained and run a 10K! I CAN EAT ALL THE CUPCAKES!…why don't my pants fit?"

I would love for you to join me on this continual process of staying in shape, keeping things balanced with a cupcake or mac n cheese.

I will not be held down by the number on the scale nor the number on the tag of my jeans. I'm getting in shape because I have an irrational fear of having to out run zombies (which come in hand as I just downloaded the, "Zombies, Run!" app) , an obsession with cookies, cupcakes, mac 'n cheese and the fact that I love naps SO much that my code word for it is, "doing laundry" (I just do the white load first).

Looking forward to meeting you and helping each other in the process.

TrishyWishy

Replies

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Aren't zombies quite slow moving creatures? "Shaun of the dead" certainly gives this impression.
  • TrishyWishy91478
    TrishyWishy91478 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm looking for a fun way to stay motivated - humor is one of my motivations.

However, if you really want to get into the pedantics of it…

1. Depends on the lore - but not always. The remake of Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later those zombies are very fast.

2. 1 or even 2 slow moving zombies are fine. More than that, you are screwed as they can over run you and trap you. See: Walking Dead

3. Zombieland: Rule #1: Cardio

4. It's not always the zombies you need to worry about - it's everyone else.
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well if you really want to get into the pedantics of it…

1. Depends on the lore - but not always. The remake of Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later those zombies are very fast.

2. 1 or even 2 slow moving zombies are fine. More than that, you are screwed as they can over run you and trap you. See: Walking Dead

3. Zombieland: Rule #1: Cardio

It's a fun way to stay motivated.

YES! This is perfection! I have often thought of this as being a reason to be in shape, or of course if I'm in the Hunger Games.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ah. American zombies outpace English zombies. There is an upcoming zombie fest in Cardiff - not sure about Welsh zombies. Personally, it's the vampires that scare me. But I also like cup cakes.
  • TrishyWishy91478
    Options
    Zoomtech - YES! The Hunger Games. I need to run fast!!!!
  • rottiemumx3
    rottiemumx3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Fr sent
  • cluckyhen0
    cluckyhen0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh my - I love this post! As for Welsh Zombies.....there are quite a few shady people in the town I live in that look very similar to the living dead....but they don't move very quickly.

I love chocolate...but alas, my kids and hubby are like blood hounds and can sniff out any hidden treat and devour it before I've even debated a nibble.

Zombies and vampires I can cope with - but that bloody huge spider in LOTR and Harry Potter, throw in some orcs too - that's why I need to be in shape!
  • TrishyWishy91478
    Options
    So true!!!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes and zombies? I'm in.
  • jacq1321
    jacq1321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    love this! Humor is always necessary when making life choices. Especially if one is trying to take away the Mac and cheese!!!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Haha. I train on a pole so I can outclimb zombies. I can also shoot a bow. I have my escape route planned. The zombies in I Am Legend particularly spooked me.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Zombies are definitely a fear of mine! When I can't sleep at night, I think of the things I should stock in the basement to survive an apocalypse lol. And I will do serious acrobatics to fit Mac n cheese and about anything with chocolate in my macros :D
    Feel free to add me!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with the zombie run app!!!! I'm waiting for payday so I can buy the rest of season 2. I want to get a Runner 5 shirt. The thought of running zombies is absolutely terrifying to me! Sure makes me run faster. Lol
  • shlygraham
    shlygraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Omg I keep saying that I am zombie fodder. I am so friending you!
  • jamesrmyers07
    jamesrmyers07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I pretty much approve of all the post in here lol. My sister just txted me the zombie run app the other day I gotta check I out now ... And my brother in law is defiantly sure that the zombies will be the end of us lol. I also help use comedy to lose weight and stay positive I listen to bill burr an joe rogans pod casts and pandora comedy while I work out.