7 pound gain since Friday

Options
ajocec
ajocec Posts: 19 Member
just got on the scale after the holiday weekend and saw a 7 pound increase from Friday morning. I really hope this is water weight, as I've read so often in other posts. I had finally broken my plateau and gotten under 170 Friday morning. Am devestated to see that number again.

Replies

• HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It would be VERY impressive if you ate enough over one weekend to gain 7 pounds. Nearly impossible so don't sweat it. Just up your water intake and go for a nice long walk and the scale will start to move down. I really recommend a trend based weight app like Happy Scale or Libra. (Or Trend Weight if you use a wi-fi scale like Aria.) This will cancel out any water weight fluctuations and show you the trend that your weight is going rather than any one number having too much significance. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and you don't let the scale get you down even when it's up. :smiley:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Were you logging all weekend? Did you stick to your deficit for the most part? Did you consume a lot of sodium? Also, if you normally weigh in the mornings, your body is currently holding everything you consumed today, which is why people always say stick to the same conditions when you weigh in to get the most consistent readings. It should be gone within the week, so it's really nothing to worry about.
  • ajocec
    ajocec Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Too scared to weigh myself this morning
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    ajocec wrote: »
    just got on the scale after the holiday weekend and saw a 7 pound increase from Friday morning. I really hope this is water weight, as I've read so often in other posts. I had finally broken my plateau and gotten under 170 Friday morning. Am devestated to see that number again.

Have you eaten enough calories over your maintenance to gain 7lbs?

If not, it's water weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    24,500 calories above your maintenance

That's one helluva weekend
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I had that happen two weeks ago, one crazy weekend and I woke up 6 pounds heavier on Monday. By Wednesday, after going back to my routine, I was back down about 4.5 of the pounds, and by the weekend I was basically back down that 1.5 pounds as well. Don't stress- it's not an actual 7 pounds of fat. Just go back to your routine and you'll be back down in a few days.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    24,500 calories above your maintenance

That's one helluva weekend

Imagine how your stomach would feel. If I tried consuming that many calories it wouldn't work, because I'd most likely vomit.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I always show a gain after holiday weekends (when I go off my routine)...between extra calories, extra salt, and just different foods the scale goes up. It is only temporary though, a day or two back in routine with perhaps some extra water thrown in gets me back where I was.