Everyone around me is losing weight...

Options
nadiha
nadiha Posts: 27 Member
Everyone around me is losing weight and I am stuck here losing one pound a week, but gaining two the following week :( I have the mindset to do it, just apparently not the will power.

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Losing a pound or two per week is great. Are you tracking consistently to see whats throwing you off every other week when you are gaining?
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Make a list of the reasons you WANT to do it and write them on post it notes. Stick them on every mirror and door in your house and this will remind you all day. Or make a vision board with photos/motivation pictures/quotes and have these around the house too. These constant reminders will boost your will-power and remind you why it will be worth it :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why are you concerned with what others are doing? Focus on yourself. It's about you, not other people.

Track and log your food everyday, as accurately as possible. Move a little more.

You don't need will power. You just need to be consistent.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Impossible to offer advice, since your diary is closed.
  • nadiha
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Why are you concerned with what others are doing? Focus on yourself. It's about you, not other people.

Track and log your food everyday, as accurately as possible. Move a little more.

You don't need will power. You just need to be consistent.

Thanks for this. It's just seeing others reach their goals ( and I know that they're working hard to do it) makes me feel inadequate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here for pity,, but for encouragement and tips. I find this community to be some of the best people virtually with encouragement/ :)
  • nadiha
    Options
    I'm not tracking consistently; I've been away from MFP for over a month. I know i need to start again.
  • nadiha
    Options
    Impossible to offer advice, since your diary is closed.

Ill open it up. Thanks
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    nadiha wrote: »
    I'm not tracking consistently; I've been away from MFP for over a month. I know i need to start again.

Well then there's the problem, right there.

Start today. Log what you ate for breakfast now if you haven't already.