best running shoe

Options
hey... what do you guys find the best running shoe is? of course there isn't just one and it's different for everyone, but i need some ideas. i have flat feet and the shoes i have hurt me. any ideas?

Replies

• lemondropdreams
    Options
    hey... what do you guys find the best running shoe is? of course there isn't just one and it's different for everyone, but i need some ideas. i have flat feet and the shoes i have hurt me. any ideas?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance & Saucony shoes.

Every pair of Nikes I've ever owned fall apart quickly or hurt my feet. :explode:

Make sure you go to a running store so they can examine your gait & fit you correctly. :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Your best bet would to goto the Running Room, I believe they video tape how you walk and run. They then go from there to see which shoe is best for you. I heard they are a bit more expensive then your reg running shoe, but it will be worth it in the long run!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    At a running store they are also going to have you buy a larger size rather than what you think fits you. I didnt believe them until I went with it and the shoes I got from the running store where the best I had ever had. I then walked a marathon in them and didnt get a single blister! Good luck on your search.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I personally love New Balance. I don't even have to try them on because they always work! But it all depends on your foot and how you walk!
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have flat feet also, and I love my Asics GT20XX series. They have built-in arch-support and the gel-soles are very comfortable and lightweight.

This link may help you decide:

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/shoelabshoefinder/1,7154,s6-240-325-329-0,00.html
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've been running in Sauconys for years, and just started using Mizunos. I really like them both a lot!
  • FrannieB
    FrannieB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am an Addidas girl. I have a high instep and the Addidas Adistar is my fav. I wore these shoes for my first marathon and they are still good to go (granted I got 3 different pairs this year) but I love them!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I went to a running store to be professionally fit for running shoes, spent $100, and ended up pulling and tearing my calf muscle three times in the shoes that they suggested. I had never had that problem before, and once I quit wearing the shoes, the problem went away. They were especially designed for overpronation. I'll stick with plain old running shoes for about $50 from now on. It wasn't worth the money for me.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I wear Asics and Saucony. LOVE THEM BOTH!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I am an overpronater and find asics to be the most available and most comfortable for my type of foot. Once you find out your pronation you can go on all the shoe websites (except nike) and find what shoes they offer that fit your personal needs.

I did this and created a chart that I keep in my wallet and when I go to try shoes I try a few from each brand and choose the ones that feel the best. There are subtle differences in each makers shoes but I find nike to be the hardest to find a good fit and to be the worst for blisters (from my experience).

Asics has one of the largest selections on the market right now too!
  • mergreg
    Options
    I have been wearing Asics for years. About every 5 or 6 months, I buy a new pair of Asics Gel Cumulus. They are wonderful. I wish I could marry them. Years ago I used to spend $120 on Nikes, & I suffered nearly debilitating blisters. Huge throbbing blisters would cover the entire upper inside portions of both feet! It was awful, but I thought that I was wearing really high-quality shoes, so I thought it was just me. Then on a whim I bought a pair of Asics off the clearance rack for like $35. My blister problem almost completely went away! Now I only get blisters if I do really long runs--like 10+ miles. So now I'm Asics for life. :)

The Gel Cumulus ones I buy run about $80 or $90, but I don't shop around & I don't really wait for sales. I know exactly what I need so I just go on the internet & order them when it's time.

My only complaint is that they're super ugly, in my opinion. I can never seem to find a pair that's not bright white & hot pink & silver--or some other horrible color combination. I would never wear them for anything except running, not even to do other stuff at the gym, but that's probably a good thing. I'm sure it makes them last longer, and when it comes to running I'll take function over form.