Trying slimquick pure

Options
I just started Slimquick pure extra strength,I'll try it ,never used diet pills before

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Please don't! You are just wasting your money. Honestly, eating at a calorie deficit does work! It takes effort, time, patience and persistence. Put your numbers in to the MFP calculator and go! There are no quick fixes and rapid weight loss is non-sustainable. Learn to make lifestyle changes, that's the only way you're going to maintain any weight loss. But you don't have to take my word for it...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    khaki33 wrote: »
    I just started Slimquick pure extra strength,I'll try it ,never used diet pills before

Why?

Like any quick-fix product, it's a waste of money and will not work anyway unless you eat less calories than you burn.

Just eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Like any weight loss pill, they DON'T work without calorie deficit. And calorie deficit is FREE. So you're paying for something that you can do for FREE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    As above, you should not try supplements. They are a waste of money, and some can be harmful to you.
    Often the advertisers are paying the people in them to gain weight. The before pics are actually after pictures!
  • khaki33
    khaki33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow!ok.ok.i will not take them then!i really appreciate everyone's advice and I will take it :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it! :) Just stick with a calorie deficit and eating well-balanced macros and you'll lose weight and be much happier.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    tijuac.jpg

Did the OP just accept and is responding positively to all the mean people in this thread?

I must be dreaming. That, or the MFP forums just broke.
  • khaki33
    Options
    I don't see anyone being mean,i got straight up advice and happy to take it,my husband kinda didn't want me to t as ke those pills anyways,I'll just return them, no problem at all.Thanks everyone :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I salute you, OP
    three-amigos-salute-you-o.gif
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't see anyone being mean,i got straight up advice and happy to take it,my husband kinda didn't want me to t as ke those pills anyways,I'll just return them, no problem at all.Thanks everyone :)

You just won MFP. Welcome!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

It was a joke.

95% of the time you get a thread like this, you get a similar barrage of messages from people telling you it's a huge waste of money.

The OP usually has nothing of it, says that she's only looking for people who have tried it and will only accept positive, supportive advice for the pills.

then everyone is labeled "mean" and eventually, a "mean people" thread starts because everyone is being rude, telling the OP that she is doing it wrong.

This is the way of things. This thread is an abnormality. A good abnormality, but an abnormality no less.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

It was a joke.

95% of the time you get a thread like this, you get a similar barrage of messages from people telling you it's a huge waste of money.

The OP usually has nothing of it, says that she's only looking for people who have tried it and will only accept positive, supportive advice for the pills.

then everyone is labeled "mean" and eventually, a "mean people" thread starts because everyone is being rude, telling the OP that she is doing it wrong.

This is the way of things. This thread is an abnormality. A good abnormality, but an abnormality no less.

What he said!! Hence, you will get some folks being pretty surprised and will congratulate you on being reasonable. It's all in fun and positive.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    This is so exciting! OP, you’re awesome. Forget those pills, if you stick to MFP and track your calories accurately, you will see results :smile: Welcome and good luck!
  • khaki33
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I salute you, OP
    three-amigos-salute-you-o.gif

Lol!
  • khaki33
    Options

You just won MFP. Welcome!

Why thank you very much!lol
  • khaki33
    Options

It was a joke.

Oki doki! ;)
  • obpyum
    obpyum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The real thing about any drug or pill is that even if it works, it only works if you keep taking it! So you are jacking up your heart and messing with your body for 30 days, maybe losing weight, then you go off the pills and gain it all back. So you would have to keep taking it.. which is HORRIBLE for your body. Set good habits and routines and your body will respond (happily!).
  • khaki33
    Options
    obpyum wrote: »
    The real thing about any drug or pill is that even if it works, it only works if you keep taking it! So you are jacking up your heart and messing with your body for 30 days, maybe losing weight, then you go off the pills and gain it all back. So you would have to keep taking it.. which is HORRIBLE for your body. Set good habits and routines and your body will respond (happily!).

• khaki33
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Glad to hear it! :) Just stick with a calorie deficit and eating well-balanced macros and you'll lose weight and be much happier.

Thanks so much!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Great attitude OP, keep up the good work. Lots of good knowledge here to those who seek it.