NEW!!.. NEED WORKOUT TIPS & MOTIVATION :) HELP

Options
Hi im new i lost 3lbs in my 1st week but it was due to water weight i drink 8 glasses a water a day sumtimes more depends on workout which leads me to my next comment..

How can i push myself to workout more then 5mins without getting tired so quickly. I wanna be able to workout 30mins without giving up or quiting because im to tired to continue

If you have any workout suggestions please help thanks :)

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    welcome chica!

what kind of workouts r u doin??
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    also, good job with the water!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    The first 10 min are my MOST challenging! After that I'm good to go....start slow - play music - play mind games with yourself - "I've got to do 5 min...ok now I've got to do another 5 min and before you know it you're approaching 30 min.....
    You CAN do this!!!!
  • Divatime
    Divatime Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome! What kind of workouts are you doin? I started with walking for now it''s low impact and I can do it for an hour or longer. Every now and then I try to alternate with a workout video. I also started drinking more water to get that full feeling...so at least 64 ounces if not more.

Hope this helps!

:smile:
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    try the leslie sansone walk away the pounds.
    you can do those! you can start out slow and work your way up to doing them at full speed. you have to start slow with exercise and work your way up to more strenuous activities. if you start out too fast or too hard you could burn out or hurt yourself. when i started i just did one mile a day and that was all i could do, but after about 6 weeks i was up to 5 miles a day and having no problem finishing those 5 miles. set goals with your exercise just like you do with your weight loss and always keep moving towards those goals. you will be surprised at how fast your body progresses if your stick with it!
  • new_me032
    new_me032 Posts: 18
    Options
    I do 15min jumping jacks and 2nd workout i do 10pushups 10situps 1min of jumping jacks and i do 15mins of Zumba ..The job i do im on my feet for 3-4hrs which consist of walking and bending down for those whole 3hrs
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is if I think of working out, I get lazy and don't. However, if I just get up and start I don't have a problem. Are you eating right and getting enough sleep, cause that could be another reason for feeling tired during your workouts. Lastly, are you enjoying your workouts, are they fun. If they are boring to you, you won't want to do them. Oh, and music always helps!!!
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi --- I'm kathleen and I totally know where you're coming from. I'll give you kudos for the jumping jacks ... because there's no way I could do jumping jacks. I tried to do a boot camp class at the local fitness club in February and only made it to 3 classes. Too much running and un-fun things! Ugh. So my doctor told me to start walking 10 minutes away from the house and 10 minutes back, every day for a week and then add to it by 2's. So the next week its 12 minutes away, 12 minutes back, then 14 minutes away, 14 minutes back, etc. Of course he told me to do this in the middle of the winter when there was 12 inches of snow on the ground -- so that was my next excuse to not to do it -- until a friend told me the High School had open gym nights where a lot of people went up to run and etc. She even loaded a bunch of good music on my MP3 player for me. It's amazing how fast 30 minutes can pass when you aren't stressing about how much you don't want to do it. It took me a while to get into it, but now I really look forward to that time -- cuz I can just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of just me and my music. I decide how fast or slow I'm going to go -- so if its a slow day, I'll walk a little longer.

I've just added in Wii Fit Plus this past month. I like it because it's easy and bottom line a mindless video game that makes me laugh when the Mii characters kick their soccer shoes at my head. Some days I do yoga, some days i do step, some days I'm boxing and chasing the cat around the island.

You just need to find your niche -- something that is fun and you enjoy, because if you hate it and its too hard you're going to quit. I think the other thing that was motivational for me was to see how much exercised impacted the daily calorie intake and you should be counting all the movement that you're doing at work as part of your exercise. On my EVO application when I close out the day -- it says "if everyday was like today, you'd weigh bla bla bla in 5 weeks". That makes me happy.
  • sasseena
    sasseena Posts: 5
    Options
    I have two kids so I can not always get outside and I honestly can NEVER make it to the gym so I do work out videos at home. They are nice because you really arent paying attention to the time you are doing them for. I have recently started doing Jilian Michaels workouts. SHe has a ton of different ones so you can switch up. They are about $10 each so thats not too bad. I just get a new one here and there. The best way to get through it is to just think about something else. When I do actually get a chance to get outside and run I find myself thinking about how bad it sucks to be running and I have to tell myself to knock it off and think about something else so I will start singing to my music until my mind is off of it! I hope this helps good luck!!!
  • daizileigh
    daizileigh Posts: 24
    Options
    i always have some good music! and find an exercise you enjoy or that challenges you. for instance i hated running at first, but now i feel so accomplished after im done with my workout that i can't wait to beat the previous days calorie burn! addding you :)
  • new_me032
    new_me032 Posts: 18
    Options
    ZUMBA HAS BEEN THE BEST WORKOUT FOR ME ! :) BEING THAT IM JUST STARTING OUT!