The Old You vs. The New You

Options
This is a quote that really resonated with mel963j9nju5si.png
Persist and Persevere!

Replies

• karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's a very thought provoking quote. How do you get to the "New You"? How long does it take before the brain accepts the "new you" as the "real you"? Something to ponder over so the changes can in fact become permanent.
    I'd like to hear others thoughts about this. I've reached my goal weight, and have changed my thinking about health, fitness and exercise, but has my brain been changed for good, I'm not sure.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    there is no such thing as old you, new you, etc. these are all just concepts. There is only the you that exists right now.

There is no finish line or crossing over to "new you" territory. There is only what is, and that is what exists now. This is why people fail. They get too caught up in the depression of the past, the anxiety of the future, and let other pieces of time which cannot be changed govern their actions in the here and now.
  • funfitfreeme
    funfitfreeme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone.

Here's my take: Old You = Old way of BEing, thinking, feeling. These are the thoughts, feelings, beliefs and actions that created our current state. New You = Those New ways of thinking, being, feeling and acting that will create the change we are seeking.

I'm totally in agreement that The Now is the current reality. But I also believe that life is about change and growth. To reach a new state (weight loss or any other goal) requires a new approach (i.e. thoughts, feelings, actions) in the Now.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    there is no such thing as old you, new you, etc. these are all just concepts. There is only the you that exists right now.

There is no finish line or crossing over to "new you" territory. There is only what is, and that is what exists now. This is why people fail. They get too caught up in the depression of the past, the anxiety of the future, and let other pieces of time which cannot be changed govern their actions in the here and now.

totally agree with this...

Lots think losing weight will make them happy...but it doesn't...people need to stop looking at the past except to accept it and learn from it, stop looking to the future as it may not happen...the what if's will drive you insane

and be in the here and now...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't become a new me. I love me, even if me is old. Me is happy and healthy, but a little too fat. I just want to me a smaller me, not change into a whole new me.