zumba dvd's--what's the difference?

Options
Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing some Zumba dvd's and have found a few different sets on amazon.com. I have no clue what the differences are. Does anyone else out there have any experience with them? I'm struggling with my workouts lately (gotten bored!!!) and feel that zumba would be the best thing for me at this point. So any input would be appreciated!! :)

Replies

• jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought a zumba for the wii, its a good workout even with me struggling to do the moves properly!
  • twinkle1074
    twinkle1074 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have the Zumba Wii fitness game which I love so much...Its alot of fun. I also have the original Zumba fitness Dvds. Honestly my only problem with the original (older) dvd version was the cuing and sometimes it was a bit confusing to follow due to the instructors heavy accent ( he is still sexy though :wink: ) Anyway from what I heard the new Exhilirate Zumba dvds have basically eradicated all the issues people were having with the older fitness dvds including the cueing issues. If you have a Wii or Xbox or Playstation 3: I would suggest maybe trying the fitness game out for ( 38.99) and seeing whether you want to spend more for the fitness sets which range from (65$ - 125$)...just a suggestion.
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have the Kinect so I will probably get it for that. After what you said, and reading what people were saying about the older dvd's, I think it's smarter to spend less. I just wish I had a good class local to me that I could take. I get so bored so easily that I'm afraid if I don't have a mix of music, I'll get bored with this too. Do you find this happens for you?
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i hate exercise but love the zumba on the wii i do a 50 min workout everyday and can feel that ive done exercise i dont have any classes near me either but i would reccommend the dvd
  • twinkle1074
    twinkle1074 Posts: 35
    Options
    honestly I find that the Zumba game gets me motivated and its super fun to me but I also love to dance. I have not heard anyone say anything negative about the game. The tutorial is a bit confusing and slow but to me Zumba is more about feeling the music then getting everything technically correct. I have been wanting to try the Dance Central game from Xbox cuz it looks like alot of fun as well. I am kinda like you and get bored easily so its best to do different and fun activities that you like. :smile:
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    I love to dance too. The first time I took a class, I was ready to keep going for hours after the class ended! I do have Dance Central and it is very fun. The only thing I don't like about it is all the time it takes in between songs and even after a song is over, the character who is doing the dancing talks. So while all that is going on, I will do jump ropes or something. I need something that's just a continuous workout, no breaks in between. Which is something I've heard is a problem with the original dvd's.
  • Gillott232
    Gillott232 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The difference in the DVD's is just a different set of music, different choreo. Newer stuff. It wont matter which set you buy Zumba is rated for people of all skill levels. Releasing new DVD's is just to give ppl who do it at home more stuff to work with when they get used to everything in the current set that they have. a new challenge.
  • SkinnyNette66
    Options
    I know this is a tad late BUT.. I have both the dvd's and the game for wii I do like both however I feel the dvd's hand out more encouragement. The wii game says the same things over and over and the ultimate dance party on the dvd set is AMAZING. I just ordered the new set of Zumba dvd's since there are some newer things on them., Either one is a good choice but I need to be pumped up with encouragement lol
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have netflix and I would watch the zumba and aerobic videos on there but after awhile they just got so boring!!

I now have golds gym dance on wii and I LOVE IT! In 15 minutes, I burn at least 150 pounds. Im having so much fun that I don't even realize how much Im sweating. I find that I enjoy the game because its interactive whereas the videos are just 1 sided!

This weekend I am purchasing the zumba game on wii! I'm reading a lot of great reviews on it and Im so excited! I love the wii!

I like the video games because i can do it from the comfort of my own home. I still feel the need to work hard because I want to get a good score but I dont feel uncomfortable like I do when I work out in crowed aerobic rooms!
    Good luck!!
  • jahdane3
    jahdane3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I absolutely agree with Zumba on the Wii. I love it. I just need to restart the program. I accidently deleted my entire workouts by accident. I had actually gotten to the Zumbathon