46 lbs down!!

Options
briar_rose
briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
I’m not sure what I’m trying to say but I’m feeling like it’s time for a brag post. Starting a new job and finishing my maternity leave has been really hard for me and still I have managed to lose weight. No excuses here. I’m 5 months into my healthy living/weight loss journey and I have lost 46 lbs. I never thought I could do this and I wish I could go back and tell my obese self to stop living in denial and start doing something for myself.

I have been a part of a biggest loser competition for the past 12 weeks and as of right now I am in first place. Wish me luck – I want to win some $$ to buy new clothes. The contest ends tomorrow and here are the results:

March 2, 2011 – 190.6 lbs

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009-1.jpg

May 23, 2011 – 168.8 lbs

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

I didn’t intentionally try to look miserable in the first picture but it is fitting. Find the motivation to succeed – that is my challenge to all MFPers.

My motivation:

-My baby girl..it is not fair to expect kids to eat healthy and have a healthy weight if we as parents are not good role models. This is always in the back of my mind.
-Biggest loser competition
-My husband – to borrow the words from a friend of mine – I want to be trophy wife and I’m going to get there!
-My mother – she has yo yo dieted her whole adult life and I have no interest in doing the same thing. I will always think of my goals – getting to a healthy weight and maintaining. Exercise and I have become good friends.

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    you look incredible, great work!
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Way to go!
  • DiarrahW
    DiarrahW Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • jmm333
    jmm333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Such an inspiration!
  • agirlcandream
    Options
    Very good...I love your motivations...with attitude like that...You WILL succeed.
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    WOW! Incredible. Congrats on your success!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    fabuloso! Keep it up!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look great.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Keeping my fingers crossed for you winning the comp too! :smile:
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow you don't even look like the same person. Well done, you look great.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Very motivating:)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspirational message....very motivating....Best of luck with the contest.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Looking good lady! Good luck with the final on the BL competition and keep up the good work. Nothing is so motivating as seeing the results first hand! Whoot! :drinker:
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    Wow, well done! I hope you win!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You look so fantastic! I hope you win! :)
  • oksuga
    oksuga Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great Job!You look good girl!!:smile:
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    Congrats on a great job! So true that you dont want to do as your mother has.... she sounds like me and now I am at it again. In Nov 1998, I weighed 148 but in Jan 2011 I weighed 208. I had said in '98 "never again" but it happened. I am now down to 184 and hope I can keep at it and this time keep it off. I never expect to be a model at this age, just to be healthy. So good luck to you and keep at it every day---never lose your focus!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Very good!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're my height, too! You look great. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!