63 pounds down, size 18 to size 8 :)

Options
17505442974_0ecd215257_z.jpgmay2015weightlosspic by Betty Haynes, on Flickr

This is my current comparison picture. I try to do them at the same time each year to keep motivated and dedicated to finish what I started. I know to be healthy and fit is something I will have to strive for the rest of my life. I intend on doing just that.

Other than my body looking better the biggest change has been in my health. My sugar A1C was 5.3 this month. It was totally normal and not even in diabetic range. My total cholestrol is normal and my triglycerides still could improve, although that number has went down tremendously. I have a genetic disposition for those numbers to be out of whack and I also suffer from PCOS. The symptoms of PCOS has dramatically decreased. For instance I know it may be too much info but my cycles have been normal for a year. Every month right on time. That had NEVER happened EVER in my whole life.

Physical issues have improved due to my weight loss. My left leg was severely injured in 2004 and I required some pretty intensive surgery(required a lot of metal) to fix it. and shortly after that my right knee was dislocated and my knee cap broken. So, it hurt just to walk little alone exercise. That is when my weight begin to pile on. Dec 2013 I just made my mind up that I had to do something. I could not go on and I refused to live like I had been one minute longer. After losing my first 40 pounds I joined the gym. My husband gets a huge discount through his employer so it was very cost effective for me to do so. I work out at least 4 to 5 times per week, 1 hr to 1hr 1/2. I do cardio, and strength training. I am amazed that I can actually jog and bike now. I never thought I would ever be able to do those things again. Since the weather is nice, I prefer to be outside more. I am actually rubbing off on hubby, he went for an 8 mile ride in the mountains with me Sunday. I had to take it easy on him, and for the first time EVER I found myself having to wait on him. It was normally the other way around. I have to say it felt so good.

I admit my biggest challenge is learning how to eat right. The exercise part comes easy because I love it. However, I have made a few changes that have helped me greatly. Nothing dramatic just little changes I made as I have marched along on my weight loss journey. 1 quit a 25 year "I HAVE TO HAVE IT EVERY DAY" diet mtn dew habit. I did that cold turkey. I learned I really like green tea. I brew my own. I only drink small amounts of it. I have learned to make my self drink water throughout the day. Now it is habit to just grab a glass when I get thirsty. I don't even give it a 2nd thought. I substituted unsweetened almond milk for dairy milk. I absolutely love it. Now real milk taste funny to me. I have also subbed heavy condiments for lighter ones. Such as mayo made with olive oil. I don't eat much of it anyways. I add mustard to all my sandwiches instead lol. I learned Subway is a good place to get a fast meal when I am out that is low in fat and will fill me up. I still indulge in my love of chocolate. However I know now dark chocolate is a better choice. I can get a big bar of my favorite german dark chocolate and it will last me over a week. I just break off a block and it satisfy the chocolate craving and the sweet craving all at once. I have incorporated more fruit and veggies in my diet. I also learned that if I spread my meals out during the day I am less likely to get hungry or to have a sugar crash. I eat 4 small meals verses 2 or 3 large ones. It works great like that. My calorie restriction is modest, 1500 calories per day. Now, If I can work on my pizza addiction I will be in business lol.

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! You look so happy!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    That is great. I need to get that motivation for change.
  • kgmcgee
    kgmcgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Your legs look shapely and fit!
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You've got some mad muscles happening in your legs =D
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You seriously look at least ten years younger! Well-done!!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your journey!!!
  • JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing changes! Thanks for posting all the specifics of your eating and excercise habits along with the incredible pics - I find learning about successful people's habits to be incredibly motivating. I'm so inspired by your changes!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well done, I like that you are not eating 1200 cals., you are doing strength and cardio. I also like that happy look on your face.

Congrats on kicking the soda pop to the curb, I did that a few years ago and have not looked back!

Have you set a final goal yet? You are looking pretty good now :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You are looking awesome! Congratulations on a job well done. :-)
  • Icandoit1174
    Icandoit1174 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work on your quads! You're very inspiring, I'm a pcos girl myself.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the information. Congratulations
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration to me! Great work!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!