starting zumba move may 23..

Options
im planning on dancing 5times a week 1hr a day anyone else doing zumba ???
I dont know how it works but ill let yall kmow :)

Replies

• karenwhitham
    Options
    Hi my name Karen I am new too, went swimming this morning and picked up a leaflet for Zumba, hope to go Friday 6pm to 7pm. I'm very interested of what you make of it. and other peoples replies you get.
  • jasmin1310
    jasmin1310 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    zumba is great fun, latin american style dancing that breaks you out in a sweat
  • Gillott232
    Gillott232 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a Licensed Zumba Instructor and I have been doing Zumba for over a year now. I loved Zumba instantly. I have two kids and at first Zumba was just "my time" to get away from the kids and get a good workout in as well. Now its just part of ME. I HAVE to Zumba. if I miss it for any reason, I am cranky and tired and its not apretty site (ask my husband!).

If its your first time, here are a few tips: Shoes- you need good support(whatever that my be for you) water, and a towel. These are musts. You will get so sweaty. Do not get discouraged by your first class. I say that zumba never gets easier because the first several classes you will spend adjusting to the music (if your used to traditional aerobic music) and the steps. Focus on getting your footwork first, then when your comfortable with those, move onto your armwork and then adding some flabor (aka booty shaking) into the mix. Afte ryou frist several classes you will be used to the music, steps, etc and then you will put even more effort into the workout itself.

If your confused, always go back to the footwork. Take a moment, get back into the moves slowly and keep on trucking. No one cares what you look like dancing, everyone is too worried about doing the dancing to care.

Hope you enjoy your first Zumba class!!
  • flmommyto2
    flmommyto2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started zumba 1 month ago... I love it and it is addicting!!! I will say that you need to go more than one to decide if it is for you! Good luck!