Proud of myself!

Options
Last week my family and I went on a vacation to seattle. Although I did a lot of hiking and such I consistently ate high calorie/sodium/carb foods in way to large of portions. I gained about 6lbs (water weight).

In the past i would have considered this a monumental failure and thrown in the towel. This time, however, I told myself no.

I chastised myself for letting things get so out of control and came home and set back to getting back on track.
I have already shed 4 lbs that I had gained.

I may not be as far ahead as I would have been had I stuck with my plan, but I'm doing so much better than if I would have given up!

Replies

• allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    AND THIS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!!! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming -Dori the Fish ....YOU GOT THIS :) WAY TO GO
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's the spirit. Also bare in mind that the high sodium food that you ate will cause you to hold water weight which can sometimes take a few days to clear from your system so that it does not show on the scales. The 6lbs you put on the scale was probably not fat. Just to give an example. I can sometimes put on nearly 6lbs in an evening if I eat a Chinese Buffet (Because of the sodium). If I drink plenty of water (flush the system) within two days my weight will have regulated itself back to normal again.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just noticed that you mentioned it was water weight in your original post. :)
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    This is one thing that MFP has taught me. A bad day doesn't wreck me. It might slow it a bit but it doesn't wreck. A bad day won't cause me to really gain weight, that it's really just sodium and water weight.
  • ferneyjayde
    ferneyjayde Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support =)