food help

Options
good evening fellow macro lovers lol it's my first day on the job and oh my god I can't get my head round this hehehe I'm sure I will get better !!!
I've one Q. Just made tea a Turkey chilly with long grain rice
I've add it to my recipes as raw ingredients via the barcode scanner
How the hell do I measure how much I need to eat ! My head is slowly getting mashed

Replies

• SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When you made the recipe, how many servings did you make it?

Say you made 4 servings, what I do is measure out 4 servings (one into a bowl, and 3 into containers to freeze) and I weigh how much is in each one, moving spoonfuls until they are all even, or within a gram or so. So if I made 400g of chilly, I'd make four 100g servings.

Is that what you're asking?

Also, did you measure your ingredients properly? Sometimes the barcode scanned items have weird serving sizes, or they're just off, try to weigh it so that it's as accurate as possible.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Check out the recipe builder (under food>recipes). With the "old recipe builder" you can enter all your ingredients, tell the builder how many servings it makes and it will compute everything for you. It takes some time to enter the ingredients but, if you're planning to make the recipe repeatedly it's worth the effort. If you use a recipe that you found online, it's even easier because you can "import" the recipe.
  • benking1975
    benking1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Simone
  • benking1975
    Options
    Ahhhhh just lost everything I've just written down lol try again
    I scanned the ingredients never looked at them I just presumed it would be right
    Made the chilly then I wanted to see how much I could have but it was saying 1 cup or one potion but I don't know what size a potion is !!
  • SimoneBee12
    Options
    Can you open your diary? If I look at the recipe it might make it easier. You can change it in settings.

Was it more than one serving? Do you have the recipe you used?
  • benking1975
    Options
    I think that's what I've done slucki I will have to go back in and have a look
  • benking1975
    Options
    I think that's what I've done slucki I will have to go back in and have a look

That's what I'm lost with
    Do I class each potion size as one serving or if I make the chilly and get say 5 servings out of it !! Lol I'm getting myself lost now
  • SimoneBee12
    Options
    If what you made gives you enough for 5 meals, then you have 5 servings. Each serving is a portion size.

To make sure each of my servings is the same size, I weigh them out individually so they're all the same weight.
  • benking1975
    Options
    Thanks