What would you eat when faced with this menu?

Options

Replies

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You have lots of good options. Any of the fish grilled or grilled chicken would be great and you can probably get them to sub some healthier sides, like a salad. Caesar salad with some grilled chicken would be great -- ask for the dressing on the side and be judicious about how much you use.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The first person to say grilled chicken, just go ahead and deactivate your account now.

LOL.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Please don't stone me for saying this - I absolutely love catfish and all of the fixin's, so I would probably get a blackened catfish dinner and ask for a to-go box right away... I like to order what I really want to eat but split it in half and save the rest for another tasty meal. I'm all about eating whatever I want, but in moderation.
  • mamamiau
    mamamiau Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd get the caesar salad with catfish unless it's fried. It's a catfish place, so their specialty, right? BUT dressing on the side and nix the croutons. Have a side of veggies if steamed and not covered in butter or cheese sauce.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    Please don't stone me for saying this - I absolutely love catfish and all of the fixin's, so I would probably get a blackened catfish dinner and ask for a to-go box right away... I like to order what I really want to eat but split it in half and save the rest for another tasty meal. I'm all about eating whatever I want, but in moderation.

Actually, this is a great idea that I see on here all the time :).

Unfortunately for me, I love fried fish. But since it would be my birthday, I would probably be ok with that :). I love hush puppies and cobbler, too.

OP, I just hope you choose something you enjoy!

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The first person to say grilled chicken, just go ahead and deactivate your account now.

First instinct was grilled chicken until I saw the Jumbo Shrimp....shrimp please and a side of fried okra :) I'm not a huge fan of fish. I was hoping that this was somewhat close to me but Texas is a pretty good drive from Western NC.
  • deamacgray
    deamacgray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I noticed that the top of the menu it says it's the "Carry-Out" Menu and so I checked and there's a larger menu to choose from, the "Dine-In" Menu:

http://catfishparlour.com/georgetown---menu.html

This should make your choice a little easier to make :)
  • mamamiau
    mamamiau Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah! On the Dine-in Menu there's a grilled catfish dinner choice that looks great. I'd go with one fillet (or order 2 and take the other one home, as suggested ^.
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have about 900-1000 calories left for today. And I have reserve/pocket calories.
    I just went straight to panic mode because I couldn't find any nutritional info. I am a bit addicted to MFP. :D I am going to take my mental chill pill and enjoy that food.
    Its not like I'm going to spend the rest of my life not eating at crazy southern resturants.
    Plus if you know anything about southern food.... its cooked with butter, slathered with butter and served with butter. Lol

Thank you all for your quick answers and support. You guys gave me some great ideas. :)

• AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love this. I'd get the vegetable of the day or a side salad, hush puppies or fried okra, and a Bloody Mary.
  • smpomg
    smpomg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd make sure I wasn't starving when I showed up, then I'd order something I want (and I might make a point of sharing it if it's a huge portion) with a side of something healthier. For me, that's hush puppies and a side of veggies (with no butter or oil on them).
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't feel right about going to a place with catfish in the name and not having catfish. But I might skip the sides to stay near my goal.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't feel right about going to a place with catfish in the name and not having catfish. But I might skip the sides to stay near my goal.

Yeah, this. Sounds like a great place. I'd get one of the catfish deals and skip the fries and tater tots.

That goes for just about any situation where you don't know the food specs and are winging it.

Enjoy, OP.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't love seafood so nothing really excites me on the menu until I get to the cobbler. So I'd probably get the grilled chicken plate and some of the cobbler and possibly ice cream.

Your plan of salad and salmon sounds fine if you like that sort of thing.
    You could look up similar dishes from other restaurants to get an idea of what calories might be.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'd get the grilled catfish with rice, beans and hush puppies. I'd skip the coleslaw though. Yummmmy.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »

Same. And as for the caesar salad--the creamy dressing can be crazy-high. That was always my go-to when going out (because salad) until I started counting calories. Yikes. Only if you're craving it.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Something from the grilled selection with the veg and rice (that's if it's not too oily) you can have the ceasar on the side too. But what you thought of initially seems fine too.
  • ohbee77
    ohbee77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I'd have the grilled salmon...or if I was in the mood blackened.

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    WTF is a hush puppy? Yeah, I know I can google it, but it'll be more fun for someone to describe it to me. I imagine it is southern fried deliciousness.