I'm back for a fresh start!

Options
shlygraham
shlygraham Posts: 21 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
:D

My weight goal is 150 lbs (50 lbs to lose) but that is secondary to living a healthier lifestyle. I work out about 3 times a week, have fibromyalgia and am in my 40's. Would love some new friends to help me stay on track and be an inspiration and who I can support!

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support if you wish. Just send me a friend request. I am here every day for mutual support!
  • lgube283
    lgube283 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    shlygraham wrote: »
    :D

My weight goal is 150 lbs (50 lbs to lose) but that is secondary to living a healthier lifestyle. I work out about 3 times a week, have fibromyalgia and am in my 40's. Would love some new friends to help me stay on track and be an inspiration and who I can support!

Welcome! I too have fibromyalgia and am trying to get back onto the road to a healthier life. Some days are harder than others but with an awesome MFP community behind ya it is definitely more within reach. Please add me :)
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am going to lose 8lbs over the next 6 weeks and would love some new support!! I went back to crossfit this morning and stopped by the grocery store for some healthy eating on my way to work. We can do this!!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! start logging your food and eating under your calories recommended by MFP and you should start to see losses! I'm 50, eat 1200 calories a day, exercise pretty regularly and have lost 28 since Jan 4...slow and steady but it feels great! I would like to lose at least 20 more but we shall see!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've just started back about a month or so ago and can use all the friends and support I can get too. :)
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm also back for a fresh start... better late than never :)
  • shlygraham
    shlygraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Welcome! start logging your food and eating under your calories recommended by MFP and you should start to see losses! I'm 50, eat 1200 calories a day, exercise pretty regularly and have lost 28 since Jan 4...slow and steady but it feels great! I would like to lose at least 20 more but we shall see!

I am good friends with a personal trainer and he said to tell MFP that you want to maintain your weight and the take a few hundred calories off from there. To maintain I should be consuming about 1900 calories a day so have dropped it to 1600. He says that 1200 or 1300 is way too little and that unless you are really active you don't eat back the calories you burn. Am going to take his advice I think. I know he is very knowledgeable and that he is constantly taking workshops etc through his job.

I know the norm here is 1200 to 1300 calories and I was doing that before without results so will see how this works for me :)