Any users of Garmin Fenix 3 ?

Options
Hello Everyone! Trying to get back in shape! Have since gotten myself a Garmin Fenix 3... Anyone using it for weights training + running ?

Looking for advice of utilizing the watch!

Thanks! :):)

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be using HRMs for anything other than steady state cardio. The burns will end up exaggerated if you try using it for strength training, HIIT, etc. It'd still be good for tracking your runs, though.

Here's a link with good info in regards to HRMs:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • bonestm
    bonestm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Using it for walking running, and ... Yard Work. Funny to see the GPS activity, looks like a toddler took to my property with a ball point pen.
  • nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Love mine, use it for everything and just have to adjust the calories burned w/the correct metric when doing weights or Xfit. I bike, swim, row, hike and lift with it. Probably my 5th Garmin and the best they have made so far. I hope the F4 has a Olead screen w/better clarity, but so far, nothing comes close.
  • adeffis
    adeffis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nomad5326 wrote: »
    Love mine, use it for everything and just have to adjust the calories burned w/the correct metric when doing weights or Xfit. I bike, swim, row, hike and lift with it. Probably my 5th Garmin and the best they have made so far. I hope the F4 has a Olead screen w/better clarity, but so far, nothing comes close.

Could you please help me and explain how to "adjust the calories burned w/the correct metric when doing weights or Xfit".
    Thanks a lot !
  • zeeshanhashmi
    zeeshanhashmi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do have it, and using it for Swim, Cycling and Run. I am buying the HRM-Swim to track my swim better as without it, it shows 10-15 calories burnt, for a 50Meter freestyle swimming. I usually do it in 1:00 to 1:20 minutes, not sure if this is ok.

Also, I want to use F3 for HIIT training and Strength training, specially I want to track my Heart Rate and Calories burnt. Any idea / suggestion to use it for that ? 1 way is to install Visual Heart Zone by Garmin and then set it to 1 field layout data screes for Run, and then do my normal HIIT while setting the watch to start RUN.

Not sure if there is any other/better way.

Regards
    Zee