Sweet snacks

Options
ChelleE31
ChelleE31 Posts: 57 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
I'm looking for snack ideas, I eat a lot of fruit and always have fruit or yogurt, I'm just getting bored of the same thing.

Anyone have any tasty , healthy sweet snack ideas?

I can't eat any nuts due to allergies and want to stay clear of bread.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Smoothies!! Makes eating solid fruit so much less boring. Also Greek yogurt w/ half a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips is good too :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i eat jello pudding cups. they're like 50 calories. it gets rid of my dessert and chocolate cravings. some frozen yogurt bars are really tasty and low in calories. also if u work out u could try out different protien bars or shakes. i love quest bars in the cookies and cream or cookie dough flavors. heck i eat them even when i don't workout!
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    Thank you both :)), I'm going to try both. Chocolate chips will be a good way to stop cravings and I love jelly!
    I'm quite strict on myself and will barely let myself have any sweet, chocolate or things like that.

I'm wondering if I need to be so strict? Surely as long as I stay under my calorie allowance I should be okay?

For example, today, it's 8.30pm where i am, I'm still allowed almost 700 calories. I really want a biscuit with my tea but I feel guilty already and feel like I shouldn't.
  • innocent2523
    innocent2523 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's puts out a large variety of chips and snack bars and brownies with 110 calories or less
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    u don't have to be strict. are u really never going to have chocolate again? my motto always is if i can't keep it up for life why bother? i have something 'not perfect' everyday. i have lost 65lbs. it's not about being perfect all the time. it's about moderation
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    u don't have to be strict. are u really never going to have chocolate again? my motto always is if i can't keep it up for life why bother? i have something 'not perfect' everyday. i have lost 65lbs. it's not about being perfect all the time. it's about moderation

Yeah, I know you're right, I just always get into this mentality that if I'm trying rto lose weight, having a treat or 'bad' snack like 1 or 2 biscuits will badly affect it.

It annoys me, I've done two hours of exercise today and like I said, still allowed 700 calories but I still have this silly battle in my head.
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Baked apple with fat free cream cheese, vanilla and a touch of cinnamon
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Do not deny yourself anything, but especially chocolate! I only get really good quality dark chocolate, and a little goes a long way! This weekend I put little dark chocolate chips into fresh raspberries, yum! Popcorn is another good one, and not the microwave crap! Take 3 tbsp popcorn kernels, 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil, put in a brown paper lunch bag, shake it up, put in microwave for 2-3 minutes. The possibilities for topping are as endless as your imagination! salt & pepper, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cumin, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, or a little grated parm, mmmmmm
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    pudding with zero ‰ milk. Ice cream that's 90 cals for 1/2 cup. I also got some 90 calorie flaxseed cookies that are good
  • doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What exactly is snacking? Is it eating small food items between meals? Or is it social eating, like popcorn and candy when going to the movie?
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    If you can't have nuts, you can try seeds for that yummy crunch. I love toasted sunflower seeds and pepitas.
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas and input :).
    What I mean by snacking, is a little something inbetween meals or maybe as a dessert, just something small, to take away hunger cravings and keep my energy up.

I'm a little funny with some seeds too, it's frustrating
  • pwh300
    pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was dying for potato chips and denying myself. I said heck I have left over calories. I measured out 1 oz, believe it or not it was plenty.

Snacks in between: An apple, nutra grain bar, watermelon, Kellogs 90 calorie breakfast bars...these are a few things I do. Oh and an old weight watcher trick..2 crackers in your yogurt for the crunch factor.
  • ceilidh92
    ceilidh92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I too, love small sweet desserts on occasion. Here is something I found that is only 100 calories per bars. The recipe is found at: http://recipes.splenda.com/recipes/1397135-Blueberry-Cheesecake-Bars

I will try to make them soon and tell you what I think. If you get it before me, please let me know what you think of them. :smile:

Sincerely,
    David
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    experiment with protein smoothies. I make vanilla or chocolate with 1/2 the amount of water plus 1 cup of frozen fruit. Then divide & freeze. Last night I had vanilla with dark sweet cherries- Not exactly ice cream - but a good substitute

I also love dark chocolate truffle coffee (Archer Brand - available at Target) - sweeten with Equal.
    It is my substitute for dark chocolate - Dove or Godiva
  • rgoulart13
    rgoulart13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im in love with the adkins bars, I think the flavor is caramel nut cluster or something along those lines. They basically taste like a payday candy bar (thats the one without any chocolate, right?) They are 150 cals, low in sugar and a good amount of protein. They wont kill a chocolate craving of course, but if its just a sweet craving, it should do the trick! It tasts like you're cheating and eating junk food, but it's low in cals and all the other bad stuff! I havent tried other Adkins flavors but after trying these, I'm going to venture out! These don't have that funky fake flavor that a lot of bars have, and that works for me!
  • amberrose740
    amberrose740 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use protein based snacks. I love quest bars the chocolate chip cookie dough satisfies my chocolate craving or I make protein muffins which use no sugar, butter or oil and keep them in them in the cupboard as an easy sweet snack or another idea is protein pudding which is simply protein and I slowly and water and mix untill it forms a mouse texture (nuzest clean and lean vanilla is best for the texture) or simply blend a frozen banana with about 2 TBS almond milk for a delisceous clean ice cream!! (Add berries, coconut or cocoa or green tea powder for some variations).
  • ReignInSeattle
    ReignInSeattle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate rice cakes because they have chocolate bits in them and satisfy my need for crunchy too. They're 120 calories for two cakes. I also enjoy jello pudding cups...sugar free. They're 60 calories. And then the jello sugar free cups because they're only 10 calories and still yummy!
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    try some flavored sweet seaweed. Very low cal
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream!