Pant Size?

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weigh 131 and wear a UK size 8.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For me, strength training has made a big difference. I'm 5'7" and 178. Last time I was at this weight (before pregnancy) I was a 14. As I've been losing weight, I've been lifting heavy, and at the exact same weight, I am a 10 or a 12, depending on brand.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" and weighed in at 161.8 lbs yesterday, which puts me at just under 12 lbs overweight for my height. However, I'm just now getting into size 12 pants. Seems like I should be a smaller size by now, or are my expectations unrealistic?
    What's your height/weight/pant size?

A big part depends on the brand and then also how you're shaped. I'm 5ft, 6in, pear shaped, and when I started this whole thing I was close to 180lbs and wearing a size 14 jeans. I'm now in maintenance, with a weight range of 120-125lbs, and I wear a size 4 jeans, size 2 shorts/skirts.

eta: being pear shaped, I lost my excess weight in the bum/hip area last-actually had to go below my original goal weight, to see movement in that area. So if you're pear shaped, chances are you'll lose your 'pear' last :p
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" and weighed in at 161.8 lbs yesterday, which puts me at just under 12 lbs overweight for my height. However, I'm just now getting into size 12 pants. Seems like I should be a smaller size by now, or are my expectations unrealistic?
    What's your height/weight/pant size?

I'm 5'6" 148 pounds and in size 8 and size 10. At your weight, I was in 12 and sometimes 14. I have a relatively large waist (30.5" now, just looked at my log and it was 34" at 161 lbs.) in comparison to my hips/thighs/butt. So I usually have to go to larger sizes due to that.
  • kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5, weigh ~180lbs, and I'm a size 10/12. I do a lot of heavy lifting and my body shape is rather curvy. I can feel/see my hips bones, so I really don't think I'll be getting much smaller.
  • jhamptonsleboda
    jhamptonsleboda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'5" and 180/181 lbs - I fit in a 10/12 depending on the amount of stretch in the fabric. At my heaviest (225/230) I was a solid 16. I carry the majority of weight in my hips/rear. I've learned to not focus on the size on the label - instead, focus on how great you look in the pants :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    5'6", 196lbs and a comfortable 14. I'm guessing Ill be at a 12 at 180-185lbs, based on how much i have had to lose to go down in size so far.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weighed in at 166 last friday. Currently wearing size 12 shorts. sounds about right
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 114 pounds and a size 4
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 248.8. I was squeezed into 16s/18s, but I really had NO business being in the 16s. I'm down to 210.4 now, and the 16s(some of them) are starting to fit nicely... I don't know how many #/size, but I know everybody is different... Not all sizes fit the same weight, but people all lose weight in different places, so I have no idea how to tell.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Re body shape - that is so true. I started at 260 lbs Jan. 2014, goal weight 150 lbs, and have taken off 46 lbs. Been struggling to take off weight for the past year due to limited exercising (increasingly severe hip arthritis) and resulting emotional eating. I have lost that weight in my face and upper torso, my collar bones are showing. But still bottom-heavy and have to look for 3x stretch pants whereas I have to alter my tops in the bust to make them fit.
  • MHorvath85
    MHorvath85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So, after my son was born and mid-way to my goal I was at 175lbs and wearing a 12 comfortably. This time around with my daughter being born I'm down to the same weight currently yet 12s are pretty snug around my actual waist and are way too loose/long in the leg department. Boo hiss...

I so wish all the jean brands would label by waist and length. That would be so much easier.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    5'2 here and am around 160 and wear an 8 or 10. My waist to hip is a 12 inch difference, so when it fits in the waist, its pretty tight in the hips and butt area. I am comfortable with this though. I have a 30 inch waist and 42 inch hips. Sadly I do not have a 42 inch bust :(
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 164.0. I wear a US size 8 in most everything. I still have a few size 10's that I wear, but I haven't bought anything new in a 10.
  • karinkane2
    karinkane2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Always fascinated by this. It does differ by brand, but generally i change a size every 10 lbs.
    Right now, 5'8", 186lbs, size 14. Before pregnancy and gaining the weight was a size 8-ish between 150-160lbs, a size 10ish 160-170lbs, etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 lbs. I'm 5'8 and currently around 175 give or take. I can wear some size 14s and I have one pair of stretchy 12s I can wear. I started out wearing 16s or 14s so I don't think I can really say I've lost a size yet.
  • alyssa_6481
    alyssa_6481 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 161lbs and in a size 10-12 depending on the style/brand.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    At one point a couple years ago I was 5'6" and about 150lbs and my size 12 jeans just started to feel a little loose. I was still wearing size large shirts in juniors section! I was told by friends and family that I was getting "to skinny", but my clothing size said other wise. It depends on the shape of your body - I have a larger booty and bigger chest so it makes sense to me now looking back but then I was disappointed. Will never be a size 5/small, unfortunately, or I would be literally skin and bones.
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'8, apple shape but turning more into a straight figure with weight loss. 163 lbs, size 8 or so, leaning on the smaller end of that. Medium tops for reference.