Body Detox?

Options
Hi - I have never done a body detox before, but am thinking I may need to do it. I just feel very crummy and like my stomach is out of whack since I havent been eating the healthiest of foods. Thinking about starting a detox (or colon cleanse - whichever it is) to help make me feel better - then I will start back counting calories/exercise program. Is there a certain body detox product you would recommend? Thanks for your feedback!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    try Isagenix www.isamovie.com watch the video "Are You Toxic?" and "Cleansed for Life" and "Product Stories"
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Most detoxes are scams. Talk to your doctor because you might actually have a serious issue.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I think you should just do tons and tons of raw leafy veggies and lean protein and tons of water. No need to go out and buy expensive colon cleanses because they can sometimes be to harsh. Your body already knows what to do when you feed it the right way so if you eat really clean with the veggies, protein and water for a few days your body will do the rest. Colon cleanses are not really necessary when your body does it for you.
  • purpl3sox
    purpl3sox Posts: 38
    Options
    Try a no labels challenge for a week. Basically you eat veggies, fruit, meat, but nothing processed. Beans if you cook them yourself, just cut out the junk for a week, and you will feel better.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Most detoxes are scams.

this
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you say you haven't been eating the healthiest of foods I'd suggest starting by cleaning up your diet and see how you feel. Focus on fresh meats and veggies and whole grains and avoid processed food. I know personally that makes my stomach feel much better after eating poorly.
  • Amgoding
    Amgoding Posts: 16
    Options
    Try warm water with fresh lemon juice in the morning and throughout the day with your new way of eating. The lemon juice will act as a natural detox. This was recommended to me by a registered holistic nutritionist :)
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    In November of this past year I heard a woman speak about her "colon" issues. She said that she was scheduled for surgery but a friend suggested she try colon hydrotherapy before having surgery. She did and was not only able to avoid surgery but has become licensed and opened her own hydrotherapy business. I scheduled an appointment with her and completed 6 sessions and have never felt more "relieved" in my life. It's more expensive than the do at home options but after doing the research it's more effective and the results last much longer. She was also able to give me a list of foods that would help me get back on track with my diet and improve the detox process in my body. I'm including a link to the professional organization so you can research if you are interested and see if there are progessionals in your area. http://www.i-act.org/
  • Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    I think you should just do tons and tons of raw leafy veggies and lean protein and tons of water. No need to go out and buy expensive colon cleanses because they can sometimes be to harsh. Your body already knows what to do when you feed it the right way so if you eat really clean with the veggies, protein and water for a few days your body will do the rest. Colon cleanses are not really necessary when your body does it for you.

I agree! The best detox is natural. RAW fruits and Veggies. I also occasionally do the Lemonade Detox which is natural as well. Be careful when detoxing to drink PLENTY PLENTY of water. The toxins must leave your body some way or another. By drinking PLENTY of water it allows your body to flush the TOXINS naturally. If you do not drink PLENTY of water you will feel like death. Because the toxins are trying to get out anyway they can. So you could feel like you have the flu if not properly hydrated. This is from my experience. Detoxing will not only make you more energetic, and balance it has amazing affects to your skin. Again form my experience. .
    A colon cleanser is usually recommended before a detox. So it is in addition not a stand alone. Hope this helps