Does your period affect your weight?

hi, I've been on this diet 5/6 weeks and lost 2lbs - 2 1/2lbs every week. I've lost 11lbs really happy being vigilant with scanning my food and genuinely enjoying it! I weigh myself every Tuesday. I know I'm not eating over my calories cos I'm extra careful but I've put 2lbs ON! I'm due my period can it affect your weight or am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Yep. Usually 1-5 lbs, but it varies. It's just water weight, and will come back off on its own in a few days.

So if you were expecting a loss, let's say of 2 lbs this week, but you're up to, then maybe your personal fluctuation is closer to 4 or 5 lbs. So you'll probably drop like 3-5 at once. Mine is more like 1-3, so if I'm expecting a loss and getting near my period, I tend to see more of a stall (no change) or maybe 1 up, and then a big drop after (of whatever I gained + whatever I was due to lose).
  • contact_shelby
    contact_shelby Posts: 8 Member
    That is great. Thank you so much. I spent all day re scanning foods and trying to work out what I was doing wrong! Never been on diet before didn't need one till I had my daughter so hopefully I'll be a yummy mummy soon. Top answer and explanation.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Yep, I'm up 3 pounds right now because of it, but I know it'll be gone by the weekend when it's over
  • FindingBalance21
    FindingBalance21 Posts: 2 Member
    Yep! What I'm seeing is right after my period I'll weigh my lowest then as the month goes on I feel like I'm plateauing then I'll get totally stagnant the last week then as soon as it starts I start dropping weight and when it's done I'm three pounds less than two weeks prior. I seem to slowly build on that three pounds of fluid retention. I've lost 11lb in two months and both months it's been the same pattern.
  • contact_shelby
    contact_shelby Posts: 8 Member
    Put my mind at rest. Thanks. Good luck with your journey x