bacon

Options
Is bacon good to eat while on a diet or not?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Depends on your goals, your plan, and how much of it you intend to eat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    love bacon and of course it's fine...just stay in your deficit...

Google bacon explosion...good way to get your protein in .... :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ESPECIALLY with donuts!
    0181tjt6die8.jpeg
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bacon is great because it packs SO much flavor and two strip have only about 75 calories. I think bacon is a great thing to have in moderation. It makes me feel like I'm not being deprived.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is bacon good to eat while on a diet or not?

Yes but the question makes me thing you need to educate yourself about weight loss.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Yes, bacon is always a good idea.

Rigger
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bacon for the win!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon every morning. The calories on the package or not what u end up consuming. Well unless u eat all the fat that drains off. U can usually cut the calories by about half what is listed
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you like bacon and it fits your goals then it is good to eat.
    If you hate bacon and are forcing yourself to eat it then it is not good to eat.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon every morning. The calories on the package or not what u end up consuming. Well unless u eat all the fat that drains off. U can usually cut the calories by about half what is listed

Not in the US. Most bacon has nutritional info for "2 slices, pan fried". You can search info from the USDA (or in other countries) that includes the unrendered, raw fat in the numbers, but you won't find it on US packaged bacon.

And, yes, there's nothing wrong with bacon.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    sure it is why not?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i changed my mind...no it isn't for me Because i always want, can and need more bacon lol
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Not in the US. Most bacon has nutritional info for "2 slices, pan fried". You can search info from the USDA (or in other countries) that includes the unrendered, raw fat in the numbers, but you won't find it on US packaged bacon.

oh interesting thanks for telling me! i sometimes pick up food from the states and would not have realized
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bacon and tomato sandwich great lunch/snack
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    A nice bacon egg and cheese taco is a great way to start the morning.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

oh interesting thanks for telling me! i sometimes pick up food from the states and would not have realized

NP, I wish ours had the full, raw values on the label. The way ours work is basically taking a wild guess, since every slice is different and you have no idea how done they consider "pan fried." Since I usually cook in the rendered fat after, it's easier to use uncooked numbers.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I cook a package of bacon every weekend, put two slices each in snack bags and then eat a little bacon every morning. It makes teaching junior high fairly tolerable to be sitting at my desk eating bacon when the kids come in.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon nearly every morning. Just because you are eating fat doesn't mean that it's going to be stored as fat. That will only happen if you eat more calories than you burn.