Zumba thoughts

Options
OKmac3
OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
I am currently doing the Couch 2 5K and am wanting to do some thing with my gf....I have watched the Zumba informercial with her and its something we would want to do at home.....What are your thoughts as to zumba? I will continue to do the C25K and am thinking of doing the Zumba on my "off" days of C25K

Replies

• purpl3sox
    purpl3sox Posts: 38
    Options
    A work out is a work out is a work out. None of them guarantee results, but they are always a good thing. If you and your gf want to do it together, then go for it, have fun with it and make the most of it. The most important thing is your food.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner...don't have the build/endurance for it, but I love my Zumba. If you put the effort into it, it's a workout! I'm usually pouring sweat & feel great w/out any serious joint aches afterwards! My hubby laughed at me at first, til he saw how effective it's been! :o) Worth it!
  • wickedcompulsions
    Options
    I use the Zumba for the Wii and LOVE it!! It gets your heart going and calories burning!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    personally, zumba classes are more fun for me compared to the dvd's or video game versions (which i have tried). the energy you feel from the class is sick!!!
  • tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor so of course I'm going to be a little biased towards it! But I wish more men would "join the party"! It's a great cardio workout and you don't even feel like you are working out. Before you know it, the hour is over!! If you do end up purchasing the DVDs, order the new Exhilerate edition! It is awsome!!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I agree with Sandyfeet. The class is way more fun and you get more into it because the instructor and other "zumba-ers" will push you on. I also love my once a week zumba class because it gets me out of the house and doing something with other people. I own my own consulting company and work from home, so I always look forward to zumba. But, as the others said, its a great work out, if you really put effort into it. Good Luck!
  • michbaden
    michbaden Posts: 31
    Options
    I love Zumba! I use the Wii game at home and it's great fun. I haven't tried the DVDs (though I have seen the infomercial a million times!) but thats more expensive.

If you are wanting to do it with your girlfriend then I don't think the wii game has a two player option and you need to bear in mind, with two people you would need a fair amount of room because there is quite a bit of 'travelling' involved.

But its a good fun exercise that really gets you hot and sweaty!

7060921.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Zumba. I've tried so many workouts over the years - step aerobics, dance aerobics, Tai-bo (sp?), running, just about every machine imaginable, etc. Zumba is the one I love the most. I decided to try it after going to the beach with my 30 yo daughter last year. She had been going to Zumba class for several months and kept telling me how much fun it was. When I saw her in a bikini I thought "Whoa!". She has always been a thin little thing but she never had those rockin' abs before. Classes didn't fit my schedule so I ordered the DVDs. I don't have the rockin' abs she does and maybe never will with my sedentary job, but I have lost 2 dress sizes without going hungry and still look forward to Zumba everyday after almost 6 months. This is my new life and I'm loving it. :smile:
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    go for it its such a laugh and something you would enjoy doing together. wish more guys came to our zumba class too xx
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba too! I go to a class vs at home and it definitely is a work out. You do need room to move though. Have fun with it! :smile:
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We had talked briefly about doing a class but she does not want to do anything in front of people....so I think we will get the dvd and go from there
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i love the zumba on the wii and do it every day its great fun and you definatly feel like youve had a workout
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have zumba on x box kinect and i love it. it is definately a workout. you do need room though.