So here is the deal.

Options
I weigh in the upper 200's and my goal is to get below that by my birthday in November. Then after that I can decided what my ideal weight is. Unfortunately what they say my ideal weight is seems a little to small for me. I'm an athletic type of gal. Or I used to be and those muscles one makes will not fit in a size 4. I just need some motivation because most of my friends are heavier than me and they are happy with it. They say they aren't but they don't want to do any of the workouts or even simple walking with me and I don't want to push them if they are happy enough where they are at. Then the others are skinny without trying to be. So basically my internet people I am reaching out for help. I don't have money to spend on diet gimmicks or whatever but I do have time for simple meals to cook and I do have a gym membership. If you want to help support and motivate me and/or send me yummy healthy meal ideas go ahead an add me!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I've lost lbs with the help of this site. Feel free to add me for support.
  • ms218899
    ms218899 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What I've learned is you can't rely on "what they say" your ideal weight should be. Everyone has a different metabolism, bone structure, muscle mass, etc. Find what feels good to you...your body will tell you. I'm a tall girl with a bigger bone structure. What a BMI chart tells me might be "ideal" is not natural for me. I am aiming for what will make me feel healthy and strong.
  • Dreamcrusher35
    Dreamcrusher35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You gotta do what feels good for you! If you want to be healthy and work for it, don't let anyone stop you! My experience with the skinny ones is that they work hard and no one ever knows... :#
  • glowingyogi
    glowingyogi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've not only lost weight using this app, but also become more aware of where my food pitfalls are, and what works best for me. Stick with it
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a deficit. I don't spend a lot of money on food, I buy what I can and say within my calories.

And not to sound mean, but forget about what your friends are doing. This is about YOU, not them.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've really enjoyed this site. It's worked for me and I enjoy the support I've received from people here. I'll add you!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You have the most important tools and the only ones you need - your kitchen and exercise.