Need accountability buddies!!!

Options
AddieD87
AddieD87 Posts: 2 Member
I have been yo-yo dieting the past few years, I do good for awhile then just stop working out and watching what I eat.

I am a 27 year old single mother to a 7 year old, I work full time and when I'm not working I'm taking care of my son. It's been a battle to get healthy and fit. I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant and more weight after my son was born. I was depressed and stopped caring about myself at my highest weigt I got up to 215 pounds! I'm 5"6

Replies

• patty7006
    patty7006 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! In a 44 year old single mom of a 9 year old boy. Been rollercoasting for a few years with my weight. I am definately trying to get motivated for this journey and want to stick with a healthy life change for good!
  • lifewithnicki
    lifewithnicki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey im 16! an honor student without alot of after school activities!!! i am 5'6 and i am 208. i used to be 161 :( but stress with high school!! but im trying to bring it down!!!
  • AddieD87
    AddieD87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stress is a killer! I am a major stress eater, I tend to eat junky foods when I am feeling stressed and frustrated, I'm trying to find an outlet for my stress so I don't eat, usually working out helps me but I don't have much time for that anymore :-/ I'm starting out slow with just changing my eating habits and walking everyday for at least an hour. I also just joined an adult softball team so hopefully that will help also!
  • patty7006
    patty7006 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :)
  • mercurialrunner
    mercurialrunner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, I'm a huge emotional/stress eater. I topped out a few months ago at 233 lbs (I'm 5'7") and I'm struggling to get back to reasonable 150 lbs, which I haven't been since I was 20. It's a huge struggle. I'd love some accountability buddies, especially because I've signed up for a Spartan Sprint in September and REALLY need to get back to training.
  • charllata
    charllata Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I also am a major stress -big time emotional (stuff my emotions and and then stuff my face) eater. One thing I know helps me is to journal- I just have to do it. I also, desperately need to find someone for accountability. My weight fluctuates according to my health. I am just recovering from a massive injury to my rt ankle -had 38 stitches to the ankle, plus other fun stuff, pins, plates, etc.... Well, that's enough blather for now. Wish you all a fun filled -also stress less evening.
    One last -thought-If you blow up balloons-you get exercise points and get a laugh.
    take care for now!
    Charlatta
  • kalliea101
    kalliea101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suffered from depression for years, and still turn to comfort foods when things get stressful. I've learned what to eat to keep my mood up, but this past year was really rough and I got way off track, so I'm finally getting back to what works for me. I've been a Health Coach for a couple years, but I have a hard time taking my own advice sometimes, so I'm working with a fellow HC to get back on track. I'd love to connect with others for support and promise not to promote my business.
  • JustAnotherCanadianGuy
    JustAnotherCanadianGuy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey yall! I'm always looking for friends who are motivated, and willing to encourage! I try to not take life too seriously (when I'm not at work), so if you add me as a friend you'd better prepare for my lame jokes. I tend to focus more on the exercise side of being healthy, so I could use some friends to keep me on track as far as eating goes! :)
  • jenangell
    jenangell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also a stress eater! I'm a mother of a wonderful 11 year old daughter, fixing to start nursing school. I'm at my highest weight 214. I stopped caring about myself a few years back and well just totally let go. I'm ready to get it together!
  • BrinRaye
    BrinRaye Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Feel free to add me. I can try to help keep you motivated as well as keeping myself on track. I eat paleo AIP and can trade advice and healthy recipes if you want.
  • nicole3dorsey
    nicole3dorsey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your story is pretty much the same as mine... I found that going to the gym and putting my head phones in and pushing myself until I was tired has worked to control my depression. Working out is like medication for me. It allows to to clear my mind of whatever issues I had or have going on. If you haven't started the working out part give it 2 weeks and I am sure you will feel the same... Good luck to you *also you will drop weight with out even trying because being in the gym and moving will make you so much happier
  • rosalee350
    rosalee350 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think we all the same, I love food and not so.much exercise..
    I don't like to think of going to the park in the heat...
    I love tennis, but is so hot I just give it up all together..
    And so I gain so much weight, last yrs for my b day my mom took a picture of me and I almost didn't recognize myself ..I looked like a different person..
    So since then I lost 20lbs and as much as I don't like to workout in the heat..
    I really hate look at myself really big..
  • Newkaa1576
    Newkaa1576 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey yall! I'm always looking for friends who are motivated, and willing to encourage! I try to not take life too seriously (when I'm not at work), so if you add me as a friend you'd better prepare for my lame jokes. I tend to focus more on the exercise side of being healthy, so I could use some friends to keep me on track as far as eating goes! :)

• Nikki1333
    Nikki1333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love accountability buddies too! :)