chocolate with protein?!

Options
Anyone know of a chocolate or chocolate bar ( could have nuts or anything in it) with a lot of protein?! I love chocolate. And the ghirardelli milk luxe chocolate squares have 3g for 4 pieces which is nice! But is there anything with more? :D

Replies

• kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pure protein has the most protein 32g but can be a little hard to find. Also Muscle milk Light Protein bars is chocolatey and taste sweet yet has 15 g of protein.
  • purpl3sox
    purpl3sox Posts: 38
    Options
    Try a chocolate whey protein powder. Its got something like 23 g of protein for 140 cals. you can add peanut butter to it and make it taste like a peanut butter cup, you can add it to a whole bunch of different things too.
  • jasonweinberg
    jasonweinberg Posts: 270
    Options
    personally, i love the body fortress chocolate whey protein shakes. chocolate itself i try to avoid because its simply too high calorie (and habit-forming).
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Maximuscle - High Protein Promax Meal, Dark Chocolate and Orange (Uk 2011) (Barcode 5032543002208), 60 g

that was my diary entry for thursday - pretty tasty too!
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    jinx.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I enjoy 18 to 20 grams of protein with only 2grams of sugar:

Pure Protein bars:

Smore's
    Chocolate Deluxe
    Peanut Butter Chocolate (my fav)

There are more but I've only had these.

Betweein 180 and 200 calories each.
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch bars. They have chocolate and almond, chocolate and peanut butter, and chocolate and caramel. They're under 180 calories and they have 8 grams of protein and they're a great source of fiber. :smile:
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    actually now that you mention protein bars (i overlooked that option) i enjoy both the atkins and special k ones...
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms has a Chocolate Protein Plus milk. It is super yummy. It has 16 grams of protein for 8oz.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    power crunch bars!!!!! i had my first one yesterday!!!! they have between 150 and 200 calories and 15 grams of protein!!! they taste like dessert!!!! sooo good!
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    My new favorite is Planter's Nut-rition Energy Bar...it is so good, it feels like I'm being bad...but I'm not!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love the Pure Protein- dark chocolate bars. U can get them at Target. It is 180 calories and 20 grams of protein!
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    I agree, go the protein bar route. I'm currently using the Detour brand (GNC), low sugar, high protein. And honestly, I think they're really good. Caramel an Peanut Butter are my personal favorites...
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Atkins carmel chocolate nut roll....heavenly! 8gms protein and high in fiber.
  • mday2107
    mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K Protein meal bars. The Chocolate peanute butter one and strawberry w/ white chocolate outside are fantastic. The Honey almond ones taste a bit more like cardboard, but the other two flavors so far a great. I believe they have double chocolate and regular chocolate ones too. They have 10g of protein and 5g of fiber, their 170 calories,and have 5g total fat each. You can get a box of 6 or 8 (not sure of the quantity) for $5-$7 at grocery stores. I'll eat one of those and some fresh fruit for breakfast and be good till lunch time.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Zone perfect bars are awesome, 190 cals, 12g of protein i think.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love the Luna bars - a few flavors have choc.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    If you're looking for strictly a chocolate bar as opposed to a protein bar, look at some of those really dark chocolate bars with over 80 to 85% cacao content. One of the ones I have now has 7g per serving.