Please recomend a protein powder with low carbs!

Options
Amyaya
Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
I am trying to loose body fat and get strength on muscle at the same time.
As I find it hard hitting the daily protein intake just from eating normal food, I relay on protein shakes.

My current one seems to be ok but I want to minimize carb/fat/sugar intake from the shake. Does anyone take ones with no or low carbs/fat/sugar? I cant find one!! I am in Australia by the way.

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't know what brands you have there, but I use Body Fortress. I use both chocolate and vanilla and for 1 scoop it's 2 carbs. Isopure is one you can get on Amazon. It's zero carb, but it's kind of pricey.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any Whey isolate will have little to no carbs, whereas whey blends will have between 2 and 5 grams per serving.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Either 6-Star Mixed Berry (zero gm for 1 scoop), or Pure Protein Powder--Vanilla Cream (2 gm for 1 scoop)--both available at Walmart.
  • waterlily72
    waterlily72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am using Sun warrior which has a total of 4 carbs. Its alittle expensive.It is made from brown rice protein and easier on my stomach than whey protein or pea protein.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the whole Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard line has less than one carb per serving. :) It's a whey protein isolate.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the posts! I will go search them all online and see if I can get them here too. I really want to minimize my carb intake as I have a few % BF to loose but I want to maintain muscle strength.

What's everyones daily protein intake like?
  • jrosto
    jrosto Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like the Paleo Pro Plain Naked protein powder. 2 gr carbs/ serving.

Ingredients: Egg White Protein, Whole Egg Protein, Beef Protein Isolate
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Amyaya wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the posts! I will go search them all online and see if I can get them here too. I really want to minimize my carb intake as I have a few % BF to loose but I want to maintain muscle strength.

What's everyones daily protein intake like?

I have the impression you think minimizing carb intake will help lower body fat %s. Calorie deficit will do that. I dont really think it will make a difference if you use a whey isolate with 1 gram of carbs or a whey blend with 3-4 grams of carbs. You need to continue with a calorie deficit. I sometimes eat over 50% carbs in one day and it doesnt effect anything as long as i stay within my calories allotment.
  • hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    myprotein.com its brilliant
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the whole Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard line has less than one carb per serving. :) It's a whey protein isolate.

Agreed - and they dont use sucralose or any other nasty sweeteners either. Always felt this product mixed well and didnt "overdo" the flavor either. IMO.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    This is inconsequential when looking for a protein powder.

What matters is choosing the best option for flavor, cost, and any intolerance issues.
  • nathan2716
    nathan2716 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey or Hydrowhey - I eat around 200-210g/day and have tried lots of kinds of protein. These are the best for mixing easily/taste and low carb/high protein per scoop
  • nathan2716
    nathan2716 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey or Hydrowhey - I eat around 200-210g/day and have tried lots of kinds of protein. These are the best for mixing
  • dianncosby
    dianncosby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GNCs Total Lean protein/meal replacement powders are pretty good. They also have pre-made drinks and protein powder with a thermogenic in it aswell
  • Amyaya
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks again for the posts! My current protein will be all gone soon so after that I will see which one of yours will suit me best!

I will re-word it though, I will look for something with low calories!
  • alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    European here, and my favourite brand is PhD. They seem to be present in Australia too. They have good combinations aside from the regular protein - a "Pure" line with very little extra calories, and a "Diet" line, oddly with more carbs than the Pure, but also some bran or similar, and other stuff, and it does seem to be an overall slower variety that keeps you sated for longer.
    Belgian Chocolate Diet must be my favourite protein shake taste ever.
  • AlexDamianidis1
    AlexDamianidis1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vega - Protein and Greens, Chocolate, 120cal 20g protein, 6 carbs. Taste is better than most shakes i'v tried.
  • BuccaneersFan
    BuccaneersFan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've never seen any protein powder at Wal-Mart that wasn't garbage full of junk, but I suppose it's possible some Wal-Mart in the US carries something good. Definitely do not buy soy protein and look for a protein powder that does not contain soy-lecithin. Soy Lecithin is more often than not chemically separated from soy bean oil using hexane. Hexane is also used as a solvent for glues, varnishes and inks, as a degreaser in the printing industry and as the liquid in low temperature thermometers, but it's perfectly safe to ingest every day... yeah right! To top that off, over 90% of soy is from GM crops.

Good protein powder:
    BioChem - 100% Whey Protein - 120cal, 22g protein per serving.
    Source Naturals - The True Whey 40 cal, 10g protein per serving.
    Reserveage Organics Grass-Fed Whey™ Protein - 120cal, 21g protein serving.
    Jarrow Formulas Grass Fed Whey Protein - 100cal, 18g protein per serving.
    Vitacost Unflavored Whey Protein Consentrate - 90cal, 18g protein per serving.

Cheap protein powder is NOT GOOD.
    Good protein powder is NOT CHEAP.

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I like mine which is whey. Its called bionic edge. Its git 2 g carb and uses stevia as sweetener and it tastes good. Does not have fake stuff in it and is rbgh free.