Introduction-New to Site

Options
msannm
msannm Posts: 1 Member
Hi, my name is Ann. I am 52 years old.....(but I really don't feel like it), the mother of a 23 year old daughter and 21 year old son. I also have two grandsons and I just finished college! I logged onto this site for some support and motivation to loose this extra weight I put on while I was sitting in front of this computer doing online classes! My goal is to loose 30 lbs by Christmas. Do you think that is unrealistic? My plan is to eat healthy, fruits, vegetables and lean meats, and exercise at least three times a week.

Replies

• Beautiful_Fury
    Beautiful_Fury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is not unrealistic at all.. I think as long as you have a healthy plan in place and you stick to it, you can most definitely acheive your goal.. Good luck to you.. :o)
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann...Welcome! My name is Kim and I am 44...have a 19 year old daughter and almost 21 year old son. Congrats on finishing college...that is a huge accomplishment! I do not think that losing 30 pounds by Christmas is unrealistic at all. I have lost almost 34 pounds since the end of January (although I have a lot more to lose). I actually think you may reach that goal much soon than you think! Best of luck to you and feel free to add me if you want. Have a great day!
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome in here! No matter about your age, living healthy is the only matters...You gonna find all the support :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann, nice to meet you and welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

I can't answer as to whether your goal is realistic or not (without knowing your size, etc.) but a goal of 1 pound per week for those with less than 50 overall to lose is fairly reasonable.

My suggestions for success is a ) log absolutely everything, b ) eat 50-75% of your exercise calories, and c ) be patient!! I will go for weeks and not lose anything, then BAM! a couple pounds disappear all at once. But if I'd given up or cheated, I'd never have gotten that far. So, hang in there!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Welcome! Your goal is VERY reasonable. Just keep logging everything you eat in MFP and get about 12 friends on MFP who will share yours and their successes and struggles. Welcome aboard! You can do this Ann!