• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    72ed5ea6f9e31c74eb3596679a8d8604.jpg
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    On a slightly serious side. That bacon doesn't look very appealing. The stuff that rabbitjb posted at the top of this page is the decent English bacon.
    I grill mine and then cut of the fat so I just get the nice meat bit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    being Canadian I eat bacon and Canadian bacon....and I am so evil cause I cook my seafood in the bacon fat that is left....*does the happy dance*

My grand mother used to make what she called "pan gravy" with bacon fat....so yummy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    being Canadian I eat bacon and Canadian bacon....and I am so evil cause I cook my seafood in the bacon fat that is left....*does the happy dance*

My grand mother used to make what she called "pan gravy" with bacon fat....so yummy.

I make fried rice as a meal and always cook the prawns off in the bacon fat - so tasty!! bacon and scollops are divine, too.
  • MDanca
    MDanca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sure - everything in moderation :)

I like to use bacon to perk up an otherwise boring salad..
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I eat bacon every morning. The calories on the package or not what u end up consuming. Well unless u eat all the fat that drains off. U can usually cut the calories by about half what is listed

Not in the US. Most bacon has nutritional info for "2 slices, pan fried". You can search info from the USDA (or in other countries) that includes the unrendered, raw fat in the numbers, but you won't find it on US packaged bacon.

And, yes, there's nothing wrong with bacon.

Hmm, I guess I need to figure out a way to log the fat since I like to cook veggies in it.

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Is bacon good to eat while on a diet or not?

If it fits your macros, yes.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love bacon! It's 45 calories a slice - how bad is that? And don't bother with turkey bacon, which is more and doesn't taste as good.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Is bacon good to eat while on a diet or not?
    You can pry my bacon from my cold dead hands.

• ketorach
    Options
    I eat bacon every morning. The calories on the package or not what u end up consuming. Well unless u eat all the fat that drains off. U can usually cut the calories by about half what is listed
    Read closely. Some of the nutritional facts will specify "one pan-fried strip", in which case, the nutritional information is for the cooked bacon.

• ketorach
    Options
    I cook a package of bacon every weekend, put two slices each in snack bags and then eat a little bacon every morning. It makes teaching junior high fairly tolerable to be sitting at my desk eating bacon when the kids come in.
    I send bacon in my son's lunch. I'm a hero at the elementary school!

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I like to fry hotdogs in bacon grease.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My niece is a Pescatarian, the only meat I've seen her eat since she was very young is fish. My husband and I took her out for breakfast and she ordered pancakes and a side of bacon. Shocked, I told her that I thought she didn't eat meat. She looked at me like I was a fool and said, "Auntie, it's BACON!"
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I am going to learn how to do a bacon lattice, so I can fit more bacon on sandwiches.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    In the UK, I've seen US-style bacon referred to as "crispy bacon." Because, cooked properly, the fat crisps up, it's not there flabbing around like the fat on back/Canadian bacon would be.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Depends on your goals, your plan, and how much of it you intend to eat.

Yeah, pretty much this.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I was told there would be bacon in this thread.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I like to fry hotdogs in bacon grease.

Growing up my dad would slit hot dogs almost in half, stuff with cheddar cheese, then wrap in strips of bacon and broil or grill. So delicious.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    The first time I ordered bacon in the USA I was most disappointed to get streaky bacon - the stuff that we use to keep turkey moist whilst cooking and then discard! That disappointment was only equalled by bacon in Egypt - I should have realised it wouldn't be made from pig, but didn't expect beef bacon :-/