Lopsided ?

Options
I wasn't sure where to put this lol. So I've lost 30lbs in total now, 15 before using the app and 15 with the help of the app and I'm still going. But the thing is, I swear the right side of my stomach is a little bigger than the left. I have more stretch marks on the right side too from when I gained the weight, but I guess I never noticed they were mostly on one side. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm considering making an appointment with my doctor to ask if everything's seeming normal. I'm probably just being too critical of myself but I had taken a picture and saw it and now I can't stop thinking about it lol.

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I am lopsided too. Human beings are asymmetrical, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    yes
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It's common for your limbs to have differing circumferences. And weirdly even though both my arms measure the same, I have stretch marks on the left but not on the right. Go figure.

However, since it's your stomach we are talking about, it's probably a good idea to see a doctor and get a scan. In all probability it's just the way fat is distributed in your body, but if the 'flab' doesn't feel like all fat, then it could be something else.
  • inloveanddeathxx
    inloveanddeathxx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It just feels squishy lol, I went ahead and scheduled an appointment so we'll see!! I'm sure it's nothing and thanks guys for answering so quickly and putting my mind as ease :smile:
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Lol totally normal. My left side is my "hilly" side. Bodies are strange, wonderful things.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm near my goal weight and my stomach is still lopsided. It's very slight and any person just looking at me probably wouldn't notice it but I do. It happens and as long as it's not a solid lump, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If all of it is squishy then you have nothing to worry about. :smile: Subcutaneous fat does all sorts of weird things to the body, including 'marbles' under the skin, and whatnot. Congratulations on the weight loss so far and good luck with the rest!
  • inloveanddeathxx
    Options
    Thankyou so much everyone!!!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My right butt cheek has way more dimples than my left butt cheek. Oh well, at least the dimples are getting smaller!
  • inloveanddeathxx
    Options
    Haha heck yes!!
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My stomach is lopsided too! I first noticed when I was taking a bath and only one side was under the water haha. I think it's getting worse as I lose weight... But hopefully I'm wrong :p
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to go and look at my whole body for lopsidedness because I've never noticed it before! :D

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    One love handle bigger than the other. One side of belly sticks out further. Lopsided here too!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It's my left side that is a bit bigger.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Mulch left side sticks out more after my pregnancy with #2. I think she just hung out on that side all the time and gave me stretch marks there. I'm with ya in the lopsided club :)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Mine is lopsided also :blush:
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Joining this odd little club here. Mine's lopsided too - and on the side that's a little bigger, I also have a little extra fat under the butt. I also started noticing it when I began making some major headway on my weight. I'm thinking it's the way I sit or something during the day.
  • inloveanddeathxx
    Options
    We can all be a little lopsided together! Hehe :)