Relearning What Healthy Means

Options
keb0119
keb0119 Posts: 2 Member
Hi! I'm Kate. I'm 23 and I've struggled with an eating disorder for more than half my life. Since my last hospital stay for anorexia in August 2013, my weight has steadily increased to where I need to lose some weight. It's so hard to stay on track without becoming obsessed.

I work in the fitness industry, so I'm trying to follow the examples of what I see in the office while still being flexible with myself. I'm only weighing in once a week, because any more than that and I know I'll be in trouble. To further complicate matters, my husband has a chronic medical condition that means his dietary needs are significantly different than mine. I'm doing my best to adapt what he has to my own needs.

So, this is my journey. I'm doing my best to look at this as a lifestyle change, not as a diet. It's super important that I take this one day at a time.

I'm looking forward to making friends here and meeting people with similar goals. Best wishes to everyone!

Replies

• sun_n_jazz
    sun_n_jazz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for new friends, add me!

I'm climbing out of the hole of depression, but while I was there I stopped exercising, ruined my posture with my desk job, ate almost anything and everything without regard to what I 'needed', and now I need to find a new healthy balance with my life.

I'd love to be friends with you, and hopefully we can keep each other motivated. :)

• DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's quite a story. Good for you for taking charge of your life and focusing on what's important. Welcome!
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You can do it, good luck!!