Not losing anymore, help!

Options
Ok I am
4'11
SW165
CW 146
GW 110
I have been working out two to three times a day since January (past month and a half) only two times a day. Workouts include insanity and hour on the treadmill(lately).Eating: I've logged in to mfp since January at 1200 calories per day. Sometimes under or a little over.Ok since I started Insanity I only lost one pound. I am finishing up my first week in my second month.I am feeling frustrated and sore that I haven't lost any more weight or inches.I am starting to follow the insanity meal plan, but it is a lot of calories and food.Has anyone had good results from the meal plan? Does anyone have any advice for me?Misty

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, you may get some useful advice. Often issues like this are related to logging.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Most likely underestimating calories consumed.

Are you weighing/measuring everything?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing, you aren't in a deficit.
    Do you rely on MFP burns for calorie burns? Do you weigh your food?

Water weight can cause gains/stagnation in loss (weight loss is not linear). But generally, as the above poster stated, it's issues with logging. If you aren't losing, you're not eating what you think you're eating.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing weight?
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you follow the food plan for Insanity you will probably start seeing some results...
  • mistydm76
    mistydm76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm going on my fourth week not losing. I haven't gained either.
  • mistydm76
    Options
    Diary opened
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just had a look at your diary, you've got lots of entries in cups, servings, slices, etc. You need to be weighing everything so you can make all your entries in grams. This is the only way you can be completely sure how many calories you're eating.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    mistydm76 wrote: »
    Diary opened

Ok; one entry in, 5/26/2015.

Homemade - Bbq Pork Spare Ribs, 0.25 rack. Did you weigh this? Did you make the recipe yourself or find it in the database? How did you determine .25 of a rack?

Beans with Salt Pork, 0.2 serving(s)- how did you determine this serving?

Without weighing items, it's very difficult to get accurate calorie counts. You are most likely underestimating what you are eating, and consuming far more than you think.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mistydm76 wrote: »
    Diary opened

Are you weighing all solid foods and logging by the weight?
  • DKnight79
    DKnight79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found myself stuck on 224 pounds, I got a little challenge from my wife, and did the 21 day fix (I'm not trying to sell anything, because I don't like spending money myself) but it did the trick and I lost 10 pounds at the conclussion. You can find most resources by searching the web, like what you can eat and what foods to stay away from. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me....keep on losing!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    There is almost no way in hell you could be doing Insanity while subsisting off just 1200 a day without passing out.

Tighten up your logging, start weighing your food.

Also, MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 4’11 ½.
    So unless you are WAY smaller than me, in a wheelchair, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
  • suebrew76
    suebrew76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would also focus on things like your rings and clothes. Remember that muscle is denser than fat... So as you strengthen, tone, and firm your muscles, and as you lose fat, you may not notice it on the scales. Just be patient. Remember it's a lifestyle and it will come in time. I know you can do it!!!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Lack of weighing. You are eating more than you think. Weigh and log your foods accurately, none of this "homemade" stuff. You can't log that accurately.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    DKnight79 wrote: »
    I found myself stuck on 224 pounds, I got a little challenge from my wife, and did the 21 day fix (I'm not trying to sell anything, because I don't like spending money myself) but it did the trick and I lost 10 pounds at the conclussion. You can find most resources by searching the web, like what you can eat and what foods to stay away from. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me....keep on losing!

Strong first post
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    As most others have said, all dry food should be weighed. Compare it yourself. Get the calorie count based on volume and then based on weight. You'll sometime see a difference of 100%.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    DKnight79 wrote: »

You had a calorie deficit. It didn't do anything magical to jump start a loss. You also don't need to restrict any foods. A calorie deficit is enough to lose weight.
  • mistydm76
    Options
    There is almost no way in hell you could be doing Insanity while subsisting off just 1200 a day without passing out.

Tighten up your logging, start weighing your food.

Also, MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 4’11 ½.
    So unless you are WAY smaller than me, in a wheelchair, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.

Every two days or so I suffer from exhaustion. I take a two to three hour nap and my body is so achy.
    I will look into this.
    Thank you!
  • mistydm76
    Options

Every two days or so I suffer from exhaustion. I take a two to three hour nap and my body is so achy.
    I will look into this.
    Thank you! [/quote]

Has anyone had symptoms like this?