MOM with kids... needs time and support to get this done!

Options
Anyone else out there a mom or dad that is also going though this? Too little time for me and all my time spent on the kiddos and work.

I need support to do this...

Replies

• theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i have 2 kids and a husband. i work out of the house a few days a week. try to work out everyday. feel free to add me as a friend. when i started this journey, kids were younger, found it easier to do DVD work outs at home. how they are older- its easier now to get out for runs.
  • terra819
    terra819 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am going through this as well. Everyone needs to be taken care of except you. I have had to sacrifice a little of sleep and get up at 4:30am to run, or when I take the kids to the park I run around the parking lot. Or run around the back yard a few minutes while the meatloaf is cooking. Just keep your eyes open for opportunities to get some movement whenever possible.
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! Single mom here. I'm up at 4:30am without exercise, just enough time to start the day. Last night I got home at 9pm. Sometimes it feels impossible, but not every day.
  • ersoper3118
    ersoper3118 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mom of two, husband works nights and I work full time 8-5 monday through friday. Im just getting started and Im sure eatly mornings are going to be my timeframe to fit exercise in. I know I can use the suppirt, so if you need it to, Id be glad to visit with you and support each other!
  • LCurry822
    LCurry822 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mother of four young kids, a husband, working crazy hours, and trying to finish school. My days are spent running around but I do get my workouts in because of my husband and my mom. When she comes over to babysit I make sure I get it in. The more support the better so you can add me if you like. I will be there as much as I can.
  • yetieddie
    yetieddie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We have 8 little ones all under 14. Can't even use the bathroom without 4-5 knocks. Please add me. I'm just getting back to it on here. Anyone else as well!
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to 2, including a newborn, who I had in March. so far workouts r few and far apart. I'm trying to at least get a walk in every other day or so, but that will only work this summer while it's warm. so between kids, working ft, and keeping up with the house it's hard to find the time. haven't tried any of my workout videos yet, but I imagine with a toddler it will be interesting.
  • Wezah
    Wezah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Solo mother of two little.... I usually do a work out when my children are home from school. I get them involved so they know that exercises is important..... I only just got back on the wagon 4days ago
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom to one. I usually workout in the mornings before I have to get her up. There is also a gym where I work that I have utilized.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yep, mom of 2 little boys (3.5 and 9 mos old) here. Work full-time outside the house plus have a home bakery business. It sucks and it is exhausting trying to carve out ANY time for myself.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm a stay at home mom of two kids (3 and 1) and my husband works 2nd shift. It's hard, but lately I've started working out while my little one is napping. My 3 year old likes to work out with me (or just sit and watch me haha). It's either that or I do it after they go to bed, which I hate doing. Once they're in bed, all I want to do is pass out lol. Feel free to add me!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person by any means but have been forcing myself to get up early- before the rest of the family -to squeeze in a workout video. I work full time and with the kids' after school activities there is just no other time (after I get them to bed I'm ready to pass out!). It's really hard to get up at 5:30 but it feels really good to know that I've got my exercise done for the day and don't have to stress about fitting it in later.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    SINGLE MOMS BLESS YOU!!!!

I'm Linda. 39 yrs old. Work full time as a nurse. Mother of active 5yr old, coparent my 2 neices (12&10) with sister who is a recent widow, and take care of my aging mother....so I'm busy!!
    After my brother n law passed away from unhealthy living last year I decided to make a change and get healthy again for myself and especially for my son!
    This June it will be a year since i started. I had a 55lb goal and I only have 5.5 more pounds to go!!!
    This is an amazing app to keep track of intake. I'm always surprised at how fast calories add up. If you log in everyday good or bad you will see a difference. Also find fun things to do to keep yourself active. I started off exercises 3 x week and now up to 6x a week. I am constantly finding different things to do alone or with my son and nieces. Those calories burned ALSO add up.
    Focus more on your health and how you feel after you workout or eat well.
    I also focus on 10lbs at a time, that seems to keep me encouraged and motivated.
    I hope some of that helps.
    Anyone feel free to add me.

• Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A good stroller for walking is a great investment. Put games, toys, crayons, paper or whatever you can find to occupy the kiddo(s) and walk.
  • coco1175
    coco1175 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Single mom to 8 year old twins. Working full-time plus grad school. Busy, busy! Maybe we can support each other.
  • showgal
    showgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mom of two year old here. Full time student too. My weight ballooned after I stopped breastfeeding and sedentary student lifestyle didn't help. Food has always been about comfort for me and I've always been out of shape. I hope to change al that! Lots of diseases run in my family and I want to make sure I'm around for my little guy. Please anyone add me. I would love the support.
  • viriloses
    viriloses Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mom of an active 2 year old here. My days off are fixed but my work schedule can vary. My husband work schedule changes all the time and he also has school. I'm about to start a summer class tomorrow and I just hit the reset button for my weight loss journey last week. I'm hoping I can try to set up a work out and study schedule. Fingers crossed. Please feel free to add me. I'm always looking for support!
  • DMichella82
    DMichella82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 here. I work PRN around my husband's schedule. I have to workout at 545am to get a complete workout in before hubby goes to work and the kids still sleep. Rough. Since I have a 1 yr old that still doesn't sleep through the night, I'm at the gym on average 4 hrs of sleep max. I started Atkin's diet 2 weeks ago. Since then I have been able to lose 10 pounds. I started 2 a day workouts. I take all the kids with me to the gym n the evening (gym daycare). It's a struggle but I'm desperate to lose this weight. My BP went up, had to get on meds after this last birth, body just wasn't functioning properly at that weight. I'm losing motivation as I'm sleep deprived. I need all the support to get these last 10 pounds off and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Did I mention I've stopped all sugar and carbs!? Now I'm extremely cranky. I miss sweets
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have two kiddos - ages 3 and 5 - my husband travels frequently for work. He's gone about half the month. :-/ So it can be rough! Just know you're not alone. Feel free to add me for support, anyone!
  • Baileysmome
    Baileysmome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of a and a 7 year old its so hard to find time to work out and I'm breastfeeding and it seems all information want to do is eat and eat fast easy junk and chocolate at that