HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS

Options
Hello guys :)

Does anyone know how long it takes to see results I'm not weighing or measuring myself but I wanted to know how long it takes to feel and look better, I've changed my diet loads eating 1200 calories a day and I'm doing 80 minutes of cardio 7 days a week. So excited to see some results soon hopefully!

How long did it take you guys to see any sort of fatloss?

Replies

• heathsab
    heathsab Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That depends a lot on your current weight/height/BMI/body fat percentage, but from personal experience I start feeling the effects and noticing small changes after about a week of consistent exercise/eating well. Here's a saying I found online when I first started trying to get in shape: http://squatmango.com/2015/02/15/when-did-you-start-seeing-progress/

Obviously results will vary and it may not be exactly 4 weeks/8 weeks/12 weeks, but I find it helpful and motivational to keep in mind that change takes time, especially when it comes to other people noticing :)
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hello hello hello :smile:

There's a flippant saying that you will notice in 6 weeks and everyone else in 8. But that's just a nonsense saying really, all depends on how much you lose and where you genetically lose it.

All I would say is 1200 cals and 80 minutes of cardio a day? You can kiss goodbye to your muscle and in turn a toned healthy looking physique. Unless you are a 4 foot 60 year old midget that weighs like 90lbs, the plan you have is too drastic and rushed and will make you go catabolic.

Slow it down, up the cals, ease up on the cardio and if you feel comfortable with it, lift some weights. It isn't essential but it will undeniably help with keeping your muscle during your deficit and get you looking slimmer without dropping to a poverty weight that won't make you feel too good.

Out of interest, why 1200? What is your TDEE?

:smiley:

• alexgmurphy
    alexgmurphy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It depends a lot on you personally, but I honestly think I see results in about a week. That said, I'm 19 and my weight fluctuates very quickly and easily. However, I've found the faster I see results, the sooner I give up because it's too hard. 1200 calories a day and 80 minutes of cardio every day is not sustainable. You need rest days, or you will impede your own progress because you will give up. Not just mentally; your muscles will literally just give up on you. Maybe increase calorie intake on cardio days, but focus on more protein and less sugar. Make sure you get enough fat; fat does not MAKE you fat. In reality, unused carbs (especially sugars) make you fat. Of course calories in < calories out will lose weight, but the composition is important too.

In short, try to be patient. I know it's hard. I'm gonna shoot you a fr so you can hit me up if you wanna chat more. I've been an athlete my whole life, and I know a lot about exercise and nutrition from a scientific perspective, not just the psuedo-science baloney you see so frequently when it comes to weight loss!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    On the scale, within days. In pictures/mirror, months.

1200 calories and 80 minutes of cardio 7x a week? Hardly seems appropriate or sustainable. You should be eating at least half of your exercise calories back and also give yourself a rest day... otherwise you're leaving yourself open to injury, burnout, and muscle loss.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    About six months for small change and a year for significant change. After that you just keep going.