Nice breakfasts under 200 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• myweightloss2016
    myweightloss2016 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think it's inspiring how many people are willing to help me! amazing, thank you!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    All of my breakfasts are higher than 200 cals, but you could try making a smoothie if you wanted something light.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I will eat a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger with an over easy egg on top for any meal. It clocks in at around 180 calories and is crazy delicious.
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Smoothies ! The one I make has 211 calories.
  • celestialabstract
    celestialabstract Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings, so I have breakfast in 2 parts.

Before is usually almost entirely carbs, like a bowl of cereal with almond milk (~125 kcal), a banana (~110 kcal), or toast with butter and jam (~140 kcal). I also do oatmeal, but I've been sick of it lately, too. You could also do a slice of toast with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and half a banana sliced on top (~200 kcal) or half a bagel with a tablespoon of cream cheese (~180).

After is usually a slightly larger meal with more protein. My favorite is to make a small omelette with one egg(~70 kcal), one sausage link (the Banquet brand ones are ~60 kcal each), and 2 tablespoons of sharp cheddar cheese (~55 kcal). You can also do it as a general scramble(or cook the eggs another way with the other things on the side), and with a little bit of salsa or ketchup, it comes out to almost exactly 200 kcal. I also like 3 ounces of sliced turkey (~75 kcal) wrapped around a stick of mozzarella string cheese cut into long quarters (~80 kcal) dipped in mustard (~155 kcal overall).

Hope this helps at least a little bit!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast taco right around 200 calories:

1 small corn tortilla - browned in a skillet
    Egg & veggie scramble (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites & low-carb veggies like asparagus, peppers, onions, mushrooms)
    1 Tbsp salsa or pico de gallo
    Cilantro

Since it's so low cal, sometimes I'll add a tsp of sour cream for about another 15-20 cals.

Filling, low calorie and high in protein. Keeps me satisfied until lunchtime!

I usually make enough of the veggie scramble for 2-3 days and keep in fridge. Just warm up a portion each day.