NOT A BIG DEAL, BUT KIND OF A BIG DEAL

Options
Nvr2L82BGr8
Nvr2L82BGr8 Posts: 26 Member
Since May 19th, I have been recovering from surgery and really haven't gotten fluffed and glossed since then, but, yesterday I was feeling pretty good so I did my hair, painted the face even got dressed (all this to go downstairs) lol, but the kicker is, I was feeling like my jeans would feel looser being my recent loss of 9 pounds, only they weren't! :'( Talk about being deflated all in a matter of seconds! The good thing is I didn't binge but promptly spent 90 minutes reading success stories which is so motivating! So I guess I just had a nsv

Replies

• DeeDeeS13
    DeeDeeS13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the disappointment, but good for you for reading something that was motivating! One step at a time.
  • wilsonjen88
    wilsonjen88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Success stories are my DAILY motivation! I lost 10 lbs then gained 1 lb back after vacation so I know the feeling. It can be very difficult when you work so hard and don't see the results that you want right away. Just remember, you didn't gain the weight overnight, so you wont lose it overnight!

And when you do feel like binge eating, baby carrots and celery are great! They give that same MUNCH factor that you get from a bag of chips!
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    pounds and inches are different. My last waist measurement was dec 2013. a year and a half later, i've lost about 20 lbs, and actually gained an inch in my waist.

you're still doing great! changes happen in different places at different times!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Great way to handle your disappointment, you should be proud of yourself!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Since May 19th, I have been recovering from surgery and really haven't gotten fluffed and glossed since then, but, yesterday I was feeling pretty good so I did my hair, painted the face even got dressed (all this to go downstairs) lol, but the kicker is, I was feeling like my jeans would feel looser being my recent loss of 9 pounds, only they weren't! :'( Talk about being deflated all in a matter of seconds! The good thing is I didn't binge but promptly spent 90 minutes reading success stories which is so motivating! So I guess I just had a nsv

9 pounds lost is a huge accomplishment! However, it may be a while before you start feeling a change in clothing fit. I started this at a BMI of 32.3 and didn't really notice a change until I'd lost 25 pounds. But I'm glad you're feeling better!
  • Nvr2L82BGr8
    Options
    Thanks guys, you are truly inspirational and prove in your own ways why were here and YES this can be done! Have a wonderful day!
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I didn't see big changes in clothes at first, but by now I have to replace EVERYTHING--coats, underwear, bras, all of it. Fun and expensive! Good for you and keep going--success stories are better than cake or chips and guac!
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Cut yourself a break hun. You had surgery! I know when I had surgery earlier this year my clothes were a bit snug too. It'll all come off....just keep going!
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

Good for you for turning it into a positive and I hope your recovery is going smoothly!

I will say, I started around 230 and didn't actually change a pant size until FIFTY lbs later at 180. It all depends on where you carry fat, your bodies natural shape, and where your body arbitrarily decides through genetics to take it off haha. I'm in the 160s now and still wearing the same pants I was at 180. *shrug*
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess that you're retaining water if the scale as gone down but your pants feel tighter. Bloating is natural, especially if you've been laid up recovering from a surgery.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lass on all counts :-)
  • Nvr2L82BGr8
    Options
    Again, thanks guys. Your messages mean more than you know! I am grateful I found MFP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!