Hitting the wall.

Options
Hi. So been dieting and walking for 2 months and dropped 2 stone then get to 17s 1 lb and it's now it feels like it's stopped. After being fairly consistent and happy with my weight loss was wondering why it seems to of ground to a halt. I haven't stopped dieting or walking. So do I now need to step up my excersise.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've lost weight? Do you weigh everything you eat? Can you open your dairy?
  • sars388
    sars388 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's only been stuck a couple of weeks. After a consistant drop I was just abit miffed. I weigh all my food and enter it.. I'm just going to stick with it and see what happens. I expect out of know where it will start moving again.. Thanks for the reply. Keep focused I guess..
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a couple of weeks is nothing to worry about. You won't lose weight every week. Plus if you're not weighing daily your loss can be masked by fluctuations, so you have to be willing to leave it a bit longer to see results if you're unlucky enough to happen to weigh when you're fluctuating. Just keep at it! :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    There is actually a thread going on at the moment where a lot of people (including me) are discussing the fact that, especially when you don't have a huge amount to lose, it appears to be quite common to have a loss one week, nothing for a couple of weeks, then another loss the next week, and so on. So don't sweat it, you've done a fab job so far, keep it up and see what happens in another couple of weeks :)
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There is actually a thread going on at the moment where a lot of people (including me) are discussing the fact that, especially when you don't have a huge amount to lose, it appears to be quite common to have a loss one week, nothing for a couple of weeks, then another loss the next week, and so on. So don't sweat it, you've done a fab job so far, keep it up and see what happens in another couple of weeks :)

True but this person is 17 stone so... OP should still be losing like 2-3 lbs a week tbh.

Basically answer these questions OP and we can get to the route of your problem instantly:

What is your TDEE?
    How many calories are you eating?
    Are you weighing/accurately recording all your food?
    Is there anything you don't count?
    How often do you 'cheat' or 'take a day off' or take a break from counting your cals?
    How often do you weight yourself?

• garnerish
    garnerish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calories for the drop in weight?

Also you might just be stalling out. Mine stopped for like 3 weeks and then dropped 5lb overnight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    do you use a food scale to weigh all solid foods?
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have had issues like this and it really boiled down to me getting lax on weighing some food. I would grab handfuls of grapes out of the fridge and not log them...etc. Tighten your logging and weighing of your food and you will probably start seeing the scale move again.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Also you might just be stalling out. Mine stopped for like 3 weeks and then dropped 5lb overnight.[/quote]

Ditto on what garnerish said, I stalled at a 170 lbs. for three weeks, the fourth week I dropped 5.3 lbs. So be patient.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    sars388 wrote: »
    It's only been stuck a couple of weeks. After a consistant drop I was just abit miffed. I weigh all my food and enter it.. I'm just going to stick with it and see what happens. I expect out of know where it will start moving again.. Thanks for the reply. Keep focused I guess..

I'm in the same boat! Patience I guess! Hoping for that 5# swoosh! Good luck!
  • sars388
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TDEE is 2765
    Currently consuming about 1600
    Weighing all foods. (Doing my wife's head in). Nothing gets eaten with out getting logged.
    Haven't cheated or had a day off for 40 days.
    Been weighing every other day. I know you shouldn't but I can't resist..
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

What thread is this? I'd like to join it.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    sars388 wrote: »
    TDEE is 2765
    Currently consuming about 1600
    Weighing all foods. (Doing my wife's head in). Nothing gets eaten with out getting logged.
    Haven't cheated or had a day off for 40 days.
    Been weighing every other day. I know you shouldn't but I can't resist..

Hmmm solid. Only thing I can think to attribute it to is water weight then, any increases in sodium? change in diet? change in exercise/hydration?

Stalling at 17 stone when you are clearly in a 1k cal deficit is odd but perhaps it has happened. Just take comfort in knowing that if you have indeed eating and stuck to the above, you have definitely lost fat, even if the scales aren't saying so just yet.

Not started any creatine have you lol :smiley:
  • sars388
    Options
    Oh *kitten* the bed yeah I've been having abit of salt with dinner and some salted peanuts not a whole packet.. Salts off the menu from now. Cheers I'll avoid it and see what happens..
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Patience, it will come.
  • sars388
    Options
    Panic over dropped to 16st 12lb.. Thanks for you help guys..