Good low calorie dessert recipes

Options
TanyaBittenmaster
TanyaBittenmaster Posts: 1 Member
I have a bad sweet tooth. I am looking for a few good recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth so I don't cheat.

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I prefer small portions of a high calorie dessert over a larger portion of an unsatisfying imitation/low cal dessert. For example, I have containers of fudge and Nanaimo bars, sliced small, in my freezer. One piece is about 70-100 calories and intense enough to be satisfying.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take 2 T of regular sour cream and mix in 2 splendas and about 1 T of unsweetened cocoa and eat it with a tiny spoon. YUM! For only about 72 calories.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was also going to suggest just making a smaller portion of your usual desserts. I love ice cream so I haven't stopped eating it, I just eat a smaller amount of it and then have a lot of fruit with it. I usually have about 50 grams of ice cream for ~130 calories. I also have a low fat custard (I think this is an Australian/English thing, not sure where you live) which is 77 calories for 100 grams so I have that with fruit too. If I don't have as many calories left for the day (though I usually pre-log and make room for dessert every day) I just have a fun size chocolate bar for ~50 calories. Being pre-portioned makes it harder for me to eat too much, I'd feel worse going up and getting another fun size bar out of the packet than I would breaking off an extra block from a big block of chocolate.
  • wendytier
    wendytier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like homemade strawberry Tirami-Su

The recipe for a nice bowl for 4 servings

You need 100 gram of ladyfingers (around 12 pieces - 378 kalories)
    a little bit more than 1 pound fresh strawberries (150 kalories)
    Splenda or Erythrol (I always have it - mixed with real vanilla),
    no fat Quark (1 cup) (if not available - replace it with no fat greek yoghurt) 145 calories
    and some fresh whipping cream (Crème Chantilly, maybe half cup fluid = 100 gram) 250 kalories
    and 20 gram white Chocolate (120 kalories)

Cut half of the strawberries in pieces, put the rest into a blender with some splenda

Whip the cream with the Vanilla-Erythrol (or with splenda) until creamy, add the Quark or greek yoghurt

Put some ladyfingers in a bowl, cover with the strawberry purree, than a layer of the cream and repeat this.
    You should end with cream and a few drops of the purree.

Spread the pieces of strawberries on the top - add now some shaved white Chocolate.

Allow a few hours to "soak".

It is more than delicious

(I tried to translate the recipe and to recalculate from metric amounts)

Whole recipe is around 1000 kalories = 250 kalories per serving

Sometimes I made Frozen Yoghurt - I have a Icecreammaker - so I just mix 5 ounces plain lowfat yoghurt, 1 tablespoon quark and Vanilla-Erythrol. Freeze it for 15 minutes at the icecreammaker - tastes so yummie - I like it with some fresh strawberries. It is under 200 kalories together with the strawberries.

Quark is something I really miss when in the states - very difficult to get - very healthy, high protein, no fat and wonderful for baking, desserts and so on (if you want to make german cheesecake you need it....another low fat dessert)
    There is a new company selling quark in the US too - maybe you can find it in your shop - it is called Elliquark.
    Wholefoods should have it in stock...
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    -Dannon Greek Yogurt is 80 calories and it comes in different flsvors like caramel machiatto, cheesecake and boston cream pie!
    -Chocolate biscotti 110 calories
    -Skinny cow ice cream sandwich 150 calories
    -Animal crackers 16 cookies=110 calories
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I made a bunch of individual gluten free Key Lime Pie for DH last week. You chill a can of coconut milk overnight, then add with the juice of 3 limes and a tsp of sugar. Add and pour into ramekin, with crushed cookies or graham crackers as a topping.

It was GOOD !!!
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Freeze a banana or two; when frozen - take the banana and throw it in a strong blender; it will turn to soft serve ice cream ...add flavors that you like. I add: unsweetened cocoa and peanut butter. My son likes a handful of frozen strawberries thrown in. Very adaptable to your like's!!

I have a really strong blender so I don't have to add any liquid, but if your blender is not that strong you may need to add a bit of liquid like maybe milk to get it going.
  • jamesPercy1985
    jamesPercy1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter on thims
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    FRUIT

or chocolate rice cakes about 80 cals each
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i love the banana icecream, i also love strawberries with fat free greek yogurt covered in choc shot!s0tuybq5cf6z.jpg
  • Andrea4456
    Andrea4456 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello with a dollop of sugar free cool whip on top. Sounds lame...but really satisfying and only 30 calories!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit with real whipped cream, dark chocolate, pretzels dipped in cashew butter.
  • imaketwins78
    imaketwins78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    j0q20wgyogt6.jpg

This is awesome and it's only 48 calories a serving!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This time of year, fresh strawberries! Buy some fat free Cool Whip and you've got a party... very low calorie and you can have a big portion for under 100 calories.

Frozen low fat yogurt is really good.

Melt some chocolate morsels (like Nestles) and drizzle them over chopped bananas and then freeze. Delish.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Peach souffle

Pinned!
  • SanamDamsaz
    SanamDamsaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly, once you make this low calorie, low carb, high protein dessert your life will never be the same again. Take it from someone who has a HUGE sweet tooth.

In a blender, blend 1 scoop of protein, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, stevia, and 5 grams of xanthan gum and a TON of ice. Blend blend blend and you will have yourself some ice cream! Xanthan gum can be found at any store, its a powder used for baking, dressings and sauces. It acts as a thickening agent and help make things thick, hence how you end up with ice cream like dessert. So amazing!