HATE... that I look so huge in photos!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My photo from my god son's baptism revealed how much weight i had gained. I was embarrassed to share it even though i love my god child. It motivated me to make a lifestyle change and for that i am greatful. I wish the scale would move a little faster but atleast i took action. You should be very proud for taking the necessary steps to improve your life.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I posted the picture on my profile to remind myself why i need to do this. Hard to admit I really look like that.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
  • VioletHaz
    VioletHaz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. Between everything being High resolution, wide screen, and or just angled wrong (like . . . pictures just aren't what they used to be. It is my motivation too. I found myself ducking out of family photos and this is bad. In twenty/thirty years I want to see myself in pictures enjoying my family and events from now.

That's a great picture dcglobalgirl. Remember the good time and work to liking your next photo even more :)
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Everyone feels that way at some point! You are your worst critic. I was the same way even when I was skinny and had lots of confidence and self esteem. Now I look back after havin my 3rd child and wish I could go back to that skinnier confident woman!!! But I don't let it bring me down. I have the power to change myself and me alone so I am doing just that. I've been a healthier me (eating better and exercising 6 days a week) and have lost 10pbs in just my first month. Although I don't see a difference yet when looking in the mirror, I feel really great and that's what counts! You can do it too you just have to believe you can and put in the work. Add me if u need any motivation. I log daily ;)
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    I can totally relate, too. It sucks. That's why we're here, right? No, not just to look better in pictures, of course, but to be healthier and hopefully not have to worry about those types of things. :)

LOL, I know, right? Before I went on a diet I had to obsessively screen all pictures of me and make sure they didn't show how big I really was. Sometimes I would untag myself. Sometimes *hangs head in shame* I would Photoshop pictures to make me narrower :-(

Now that I'm in maintenance, I don't worry about pictures at all because I can trust that they will look the way I want them to.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Same here... I started realizing that all the pictures of me weren't "just bad photos".... That was how I really looked! It was hard to see them, but good to know the truth.

Keep taking those pictures, though, and see how much they change!
  • marisawhitehead
    marisawhitehead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just downloaded this app and reading these messages. Have to say, last night I took a few selfies and I
  • marisawhitehead
    marisawhitehead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just downloaded this app and reading these messages. Have to say, last night I took a few selfies and I