The scale hasn't changed but my body has!

Options
a_carmella
a_carmella Posts: 2 Member
Lately I've been working on building muscle. I used to get frustrated when the scale would not show much of a difference in weight, but after comparing these two pictures (two weeks apart) i'm confident that I'm on the right track!

nu4ulcor96qz.jpg

Replies

• blossom015
    blossom015 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus on the scale. It's obvious that you've made progress. Besides muscle weighs more than fat.
  • MrsSpicyWifey
    MrsSpicyWifey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job, a_carmella!
    blossom015 wrote: »
    Try not to focus on the scale. It's obvious that you've made progress. Besides muscle weighs more than fat.

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. But the body fat is more "fluffy" and the muscle is more "dense and compact." Muscles take up less space in your body, so body weight may go up as you add compact, tight muscle mass.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great job, a_carmella!

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. But the body fat is more "fluffy" and the muscle is more "dense and compact." Muscles take up less space in your body, so body weight may go up as you add compact, tight muscle mass.

+1
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!
  • heathsab
    heathsab Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MrsSpicyWifey - you're right, a pound of fat does weigh as much as a pound of muscle, but I think what blossom015 meant was that for the same volume, muscle weighs more than fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!